Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
Toxic parents Overcoming thier hurtful legacy and reclaiming your life
Toxic parents Overcoming thier hurtful legacy and reclaiming your life Author:Dr. Susan Forward Are you the Child of toxic parents? — When you were a child... — 1. Did your parents tell you you were bad or worthless? Did they call you insulting names? — 2. Did your parents use physical pain to discipline you? — 3. Did you have to take care of your parents because of thier problems? — 4. Were you frightened of your parents a great deal of the ti... more »me? Did they do anything to you that had to be kept a secret?
5. Were you afraid to express anger at your parents?
Now that you are an adult...
1. Do your parents still treat you as if you were an inadequate child?
2. Do you have intense emotional or physical reactions after you spend or anticipate spending time with your parents?
3. Do you parents control you with threats or guilt? Do they manipulate you with money?
4. Do you believe that no matter what you do, it's never good enough for your parents?
5. Do you believe that someday, smoehow your parents are going to change for the better?
If you answered yes to even one third of these questions, you probably are a child of toxic parents.« less