Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Truth or Consequences

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Date Posted: 9/29/2010 8:19 PM ET

I give mine to DH to mail at work.  He puts postage on them from his machine and they get picked up there or his secretary walks them to the PO.  Either way, I always ask him if they've been mailed.  Once he says yes (and sometimes it takes a day or so) then I mark mailed.  If it gets too close to the deadline I mark them mailed anyway and remind him to get them sent out.

Date Posted: 9/29/2010 9:22 PM ET

I mark mine mailed right before I take the dogs out for a walk to the mailbox. I have been questioned (called a liar) about marking books mailed on a Sunday. They don't lock people out of corner mailboxes on Sundays, so they're mailed even if they're not going anywhere for a day.

Date Posted: 10/3/2010 6:42 PM ET

I mail from work. So I mark them mailed as soon as I drop them in the plastic bin. The mailman comes by every morning. I mark them mailed even if he has already come for the day because they are in a mail bin and will go out with the next mail.

Date Posted: 10/4/2010 3:07 PM ET

I almost always mark the mailed immediately after I print the wrapper, and I use PBS postage and DC.  I tend to normally wrap books that need to go out at night when I get home from work.  I then put them in a bag at the door, and I take the bag with me when I leave for work in the morning.  I have a blue box out front of the local post office that I put them in on my way.  I personally see no reason to drive to the post office after 5 when I know the pick up has already been done for the day, and they'll just sit there until the next day anyway.  My books will leave at the exact same time as the member who put theirs in there last night then properly marked the mailed.

I realize something could happen between that night and that morning in regards to me mailing them out, but it's easier for me to do it all at once.  Plus, I don't want to run the risk of it timing out.  And since it would take some sort of catastrophic event to prevent me (or DH) from making it to the post office (sometime before 5 that day or even the next day), then I'm sure whatever is going on in my life is going to be more important to me at that time than the book(s) by my door.  It would never be my intention, but I would take a hit on my account for mailing late if I had something major going on.

Date Posted: 10/4/2010 6:11 PM ET

I hit the "in the mail" button after I have walked back from my mailbox where I left the book to go out.

Date Posted: 10/4/2010 7:44 PM ET

I never mark mailed while a book is still in my posession. Ever.

I'm so busy and scatterbrained, I don't trust myself to do it anyother way! lol. 

Page: