Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - June Hot Topics

Topic: Unmoded - Multi Genre Reading Challenge V - DONE

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
gremlin avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/28/2014 4:17 PM ET

i got my credit, thanks Jamie!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/28/2014 5:26 PM ET

I got my credit. Thanks Jamie, for the credit plus for setting everything up. I'll probably join the next one. I'm going to have to remember the weekly prizes. I kept forgetting them. I read more during this challenge than I've ever read. Partly because the weather was so bad here. I don't think I can maintain it in April.

I found a number of new books and authors to read thanks to everyone's recommendations. And I could spend hours looking over Gina and Renee's Goodreads lists.

chickpicks avatar
Date Posted: 2/28/2014 6:44 PM ET

Received  my credits, thank you so much for running this again Jamie! and thank you everyone for chatting it up so I find new books to AVOID or to read :)

I'll be in for the next one!

Time to catch up on some TV!

4ukcats avatar
Date Posted: 2/28/2014 8:39 PM ET

I started working on my April 2014 release list today, so I added a few and confirmed a few dates.  I'll be working on May as well and will post a link to it in the new challenge, even though we only read for 4 days in May.

Last Edited on: 2/28/14 8:45 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bibliobuff avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2014 10:17 PM ET

And I could spend hours looking over Gina and Renee's Goodreads lists.

This had me doing a double take...my middle name is Renee, lol. I was like, how did she know that?!

Last Edited on: 3/3/14 1:15 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/2/2014 6:38 AM ET

No, I'm not stalking you Gina. Just you lists.smiley And that's because every time I put a book on my want list, Goodreads says you have it on one of your lists. It's very helpful. I was planning on reading the second from the Sinners on Tour series but your rating made me change my mind.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/2/2014 11:14 AM ET

Lsressler you can't give up on that series. Sed's book was far from my fav. but the other boys books are well worth it. This is one of my FAV erotic series. 

tinereads avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/2/2014 7:44 PM ET

Thanks for a fun challenge!  I think this is the best I have done, I'm determined to win a special category next time!

bibliobuff avatar
Date Posted: 3/3/2014 1:18 PM ET

I was planning on reading the second from the Sinners on Tour series but your rating made me change my mind.

Oh no! Definitely don't give up on that series. I still liked the book, I just thought I would like it so much more, because I love a good tortured lovers story. Olivia Cunning is one of my favorite authors, though. Keep going! :)

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/3/2014 2:12 PM ET

Anyone like Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld Series? Have you watched the new TV show Bitten that is based on her books. I just caught up with them last night and I am in LOVE. If the guy that plays Clay was any hotter he would melt my TV screen YUMMMMM!! I have only read the first few books of the series and it has been awhile so I am not sure how accurate it is but I do remember some of the stuff from the book that is happening in the show. Here is a link for more info.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/3/2014 3:29 PM ET

I won't give up on the Sinners series. I think I have the first 4 or so, and only read one so far.

tiger-in-berlin avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 3/3/2014 6:14 PM ET

Jamie, thank you so much for posting about Bitten.  I had no idea they made a TV series and I would have missed it.  I read some of the series years ago and really liked them, but got behind and never went back.  It's on my ever-growing list of series I need to get back to some day. 

Page: