Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Update from PaperBackSwap 11/1/2018

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
PBSTeam - PaperBackSwap Team
Limited Member medalBook Cover Image Approver medalBook Data Approver medal
Subject: Update from PaperBackSwap 11/1/2018
Date Posted: 11/1/2018 6:56 PM ET

Hello again!

Most of the problems were fixed yesterday (phew!)...and then some new little issues cropped up, just to keep things fun! (not). The good news is that the system is working properly now! The not-so-good (but not terrible) news is that some members may still be experiencing issues that need to be addressed manually, as described below:

The current issues now are as follows:

(1) Some of you may have had duplicate Wish List offers, and duplicate requests, or unexpected cancellations. We've been fixing those manually, since it's not an ongoing issue but happened because of the site re-indexing process (which is complete).

WHAT YOU CAN DO: Take a look at your My Account page. If anything is off (extra requests, etc), let us know (include the book title(s)) and we'll do what we can to fix it up!

(2) Emails being blocked - It looks like some email providers (including Yahoo, Gmail and AOL) have decided to block our emails. We think that the problems with our email server may have triggered this action on their part. Since our email server is working properly now, email providers just need to be told that you want to receive PaperBackSwap emails!

WHAT YOU CAN DO: If you think you are not getting PaperBackSwap emails reliably (as of today 11/1/2018), just do the following:

• Confirm this by looking in your Club Communications file, and comparing the emails there to the emails you received in your email inbox.
  • If there is a discrepancy (if there are emails in the Club Communications file that you did not receive in your email inbox), do the following:
    • Add the PBS system email addresses (librarian@paperbackswap.com and noreply@paperbackswap.com ) to your email account "Contacts list" or "Address book" or "whitelist"
    • Check your "spam" folder; if you find any of our emails there, mark each of them "NOT spam" or "Move to inbox". That will help to tell your email provider that you want to receive PaperBackSwap emails.
  • We hope the above measures help to fix the problem with your email reception!

If not, you might need to give your email provider a little time to get back on track. In that case, you can use a different email address for PaperBackSwap -- to make that change, just update your email address in your account settings. (Note: after you make that change, the new email address  -- the one in your account settings -- will be the one that will work on the Login page, to log you in.)

Thanks for your patience, during the past few days! If you think you are having an issue that is not described above, please let us know and we'll look into it.

Swap on,

The PaperBackSwap Team

bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 11/1/2018 10:21 PM ET

Thank you!

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/2/2018 8:57 AM ET

Please note, the link for my Daily Digest in Club Communications doesn't work. When I copy and paste the link into Google it still doesn't get me to my Daily Digest, only to a page which lists various links to the PBS Homepage.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/3/2018 1:22 PM ET

I am still not getting ANY paperbackswap mail to my email address. No daily book lists or any other communications from the site. Please get this straightened out !