|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
HI Terry, Welcome to the vegan lifestyle! I have LOADS of vegan recipes. It's very easy to find many good recipes online as well (simply google).
What kind of food do you like to eat? I love to bake cupcakes and muffins. I'll share my favorite vegan blueberry muffin recipe here
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour (one whole wheat, one white)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.
2. Combine all ingredients until mixed, some lumps are ok. Don't overbeat.
3. Using an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measure, pour batter into the cups till they are about 3/4 full.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until the top springs back when tapped.
5. Cool. Serve with soy margarine, jam, or plain.
Someone else asked for an inexpensive vegan recipe, so here's my basic hummus recipe.
One Giant Can of Chick Peas
2 tablespoons of tahini (you can substitute peanut or almond butter if you don't have it)
1 clove garlic
olive oil (1 tablespoon at a time till consistency is the way you like, some like it creamier, some like it denser)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice (or more if you like it zingier)
Put all ingredients in food processor. Adjust seasonings to your preference. Then put in a bowl,garnish with a little drizzle of olive oil on top and parsley leaves and serve with pita or carrot sticks.