Very Good Eggplant Burgers
||4 / 10
Eggplant Burgers (Makes 8 Burgers)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil, plus more for sautéing
1 Medium Eggplant, peeled and cubed
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
1 Large Egg
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Cup Breadcrumbs (I used matso meal)
Accompaniments: Buns (I use onion buns),Cheese, Tomato, Lettuce, Ketchup, Pickles, mayo, etc.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook the eggplant cubes for 3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and salt and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
3. Add 1 tbsp of water, cover and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until eggplant is fork tender. Allow to cool.
4. Place the eggplant and remaining ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
5. Use about 2 tbsps of the eggplant mixture for mini burgers, 1/4 cup for bigger burgers and form into patties.
6. Heat about 1-2 tsps of oil in a large sauté pan and cook the eggplant patties for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
* To freeze place the cooked patties on a baking sheet, freeze for 1 hour and place in a Ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 3-4 months. When ready to serve, place patties on a baking sheet in a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes until warm.