From the help center....
An ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) is an advance release of a book, usually sent to reviewers before the final copy of the book is published.
- Advance Reader Copies are also known as Review Copies, or Uncorrected Proofs.
- They are softcover books and often carry the same ISBN as the hardcover first-edition that is released later.
- On the cover, they will be marked 'Advanced Reader Copy' or 'Uncorrected Proof' or 'Review Copy' and will usually also say 'Not for Sale'.
ARCs cannot be swapped on PBS, since the ARC cannot be depended upon to contain the same story/text as the published book.
- If you send an ARC, the requestor will probably contact you to ask for the credit back.
- You will need to do this.
- You are asked to confirm for each book you Post that it is not an ARC. If you Posted an ARC you broke the rules.
- If you receive an ARC, you should mark it received as a Wrong Book and send a message to the sender asking for your credit back.
- You should NOT repost an ARC (or any problem book) if you receive one.
- The receiver of an ARC is not required to return the item; she or he may agree to do so if the sender sends postage for the item's return. This is the case with all problem books: the requestor receiving them is not obligated to spend postage to return them.
Last Edited on: 3/15/08 9:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1