Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Pets/Animals

Topic: The way our pets destroy Christmas...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
britannie avatar
Subject: The way our pets destroy Christmas...
Date Posted: 12/21/2011 11:46 PM ET

Now that we all have our Christmas decorations up, I'm sure your animals are working on destroying them just like mine are! So I want to hear your funny pets and Christmas stories :)

My grandma made me a tree skirt a few years ago and it has actually held up throughout the years. Of course, my cats love to sleep on it under the tree and I'm okay with that. I'm not okay with the fact that they like it so much, they feel the need to move it throughout the house! I'll put it nicely under the tree and come home to find it moved to a different spot in the dining room with one of them laying on it. Or, they will slowly move it throughout the house through the day. It will be a foot from the tree, then 3 foot from the tree... then into the next room.. They aren't ruining it though, so I guess I should be happy!

And my dog has developed a cookie fetish. We were making our cookies the other night and my boyfriend kept feeding him the extra dough (I know, the dog is going to have diabetes soon. You don't have to tell me lol). I didn't have time to frost the cookies yet, so I put them in pyrex and left them on the counter. The dog doesn't usually go after things in pyrex because he can't smell it as good. Oh, no, he totally watched me put the cookies in there and knew they were hidden in the pyrex. So he waited patiently for me to leave the house and when I came home, he had the pyrex on the living room floor. Luckily, he couldn't get into it, but chewed on a corner of the top. He only broke a few cookies while snatching the whole dish off the counter too. He's so naughty :(

HausMaus avatar
Date Posted: 12/24/2011 9:28 AM ET

Last time I put up a tree, two years ago, I used one of those cheap white with glitter skirts.  I was getting glitter off my cats until Easter!  And, they knocked down the tree shattering several ornaments (Lucy got decapitated).