Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: What are we reading for this cold month of January, 2016???

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Date Posted: 1/29/2016 4:28 PM ET

Melissa, I am so happy you posted.  I thought I killed this thread.  

I'm still plugging away at both books.  My DIL had her water break Wednesday morning, a month early.  My first grandchild, Josette Marie, was born a few hours ago via c-section.  19", 6 lbs, 8 oz (I think they may have had her due date wrong).  Everyone is doing well.  

Date Posted: 1/30/2016 12:23 AM ET

Congrats Ani!!! Just finished KMM's Burned...going to have to put some thought in how I feel about the story arc book.

Date Posted: 1/30/2016 7:43 PM ET

Awww, congrats Ani!

I finished The Shearing Gun by Renae Kaye. This is fast becoming one of my fave m/m authors. This one had me scratching my head a bit tho. Man, that Aussie lingo...lol! 

Date Posted: 1/31/2016 12:39 PM ET

I just finished Kelly Bowen's Duke of my Heart and she is quickly becoming one of my fav historical romance authors. AWESOME read!

Date Posted: 1/31/2016 8:38 PM ET

I finally got around to reading Always by Kindle Alexander. Such rave reviews but I didn't love it. I liked it, it was a tear jerker for sure, but just didn't love it.

I also read Blind Faith by N.R. Walker. Really liked it so I think I'll continue on with the second one. 

Date Posted: 1/31/2016 9:16 PM ET

I LOVED the blind series by N.R. Walker.  I finished both Learning from Isaac (which I didn't love) and Alan Lennox and the Temp Job of Doom, which I enjoyed but I'm not sure if I want to read the rest of the series or not.  I also picked up The Seduction of Gabriel Ashleigh by K.J. Charles, only to realise I'd already read it.  Debating what to pick up next.  I've got a self help book I've wanted and one book left to read for a contest.  Neither or which are appealing at the moment.  

Date Posted: 1/31/2016 9:19 PM ET

I got a giftcard so I splurged on some books from B&N that aren't coupon eligible at Kobo and have been reading thru those.  First, was Coming Back by Lauren Dane.  Today I read Hot Holiday Nights by Jaci Burton and now I'm onto Calling the Play by Samantha Kane. 

I liked Coming Back, not my favorite of that series but still really good.  Hot Holiday Nights was good too.  Calling the Play is freaking awesome and I'm only about 50 pages in.

Date Posted: 1/31/2016 10:24 PM ET

Oooh, good to know Ani. I'm about 20 percent into the second in the series now, and its making me nervous. Lol

Date Posted: 2/7/2016 8:12 PM ET

I also read Blood Kiss in January and enjoyed it.  This is two in a row Ward's put out that I've liked better than the ones before.  I was about to give up on the series because it was just getting too weird and too hard to follow the story line with way too many threads going on at once. 

DId anyone else notice this BDB book was a lot easier to read and follow the story line on than past volumes in the series?  Didn't seem like Ward had as many story lines running as she normally does in her BDB books.  Plus, a whole lot less of her normal WTH-is-that-supposed-to-mean? slang and abbreviated words.  

Date Posted: 2/9/2016 1:28 PM ET

LOL rjvagabond...I felt the same same way about Blook Kiss, but I believe it was a sop to her readers after the disaster that was The Shadows.

Page: