This challenge will go along with the 2011 Oscars.
I thought of a fun reading challenge and wanted to invite anyone else to do it with me! No credit is required and all you'll win are bragging rights. It will be a fun way to work down your TBR pile and help you decide what to read next!
Duration - March 5, 2011 to August 31, 2011
1. Best Picture: The King's Speech - Read a book with royalty, takes place in England, or someone with a speech or other sort of impediment.
2. Actor in a Leading Role: Colin Firth: - Read a book with an actor (not actress!), someone that speaks Italian, or takes place in London.
3. Actress in a Leading Role: Natalie Portman: - Takes place in Israel, someone with an alias or name change, or involves the Jewish religion somehow.
4. Animated Feature Film: Toy Story 3: - Has a character that is a cowboy or an astronaut, has a 3-word title, or is the 3rd in a series.
5. Costume Design: Alice In Wonderland: - Read a book made into a movie, a book with twins, a rabbit or cat on the cover, or the word heart in the title.
6. Foreign Language Film: In a Better World - Read a book originally written in a language other than English, takes place in Denmark, the author is from Denmark (here's a list of some:http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/countr...), or a doctor as a main character.
7. Makeup: The Wolfman - Read a book that is a parody or spin-off or elaboration on a classic, has a shifter or gypsy as a character.
8. Short Film: God of Love - Read a book with a cover void of any color other than black, white, and/or gray, a character that is a musician, or has God, Angel, or cupid in the title.
9. Visual Effects: Inception - Read a science fiction novel, a character that is a chemist or scientist, a Japanese character, or something to do with dreams (or dream in the title).
10. Writing (adapted screenplay): The Social Network - Read a book with a college or university as a setting, a character that does web design or something with computers, or has a lawsuit taking place.
You can read the books in any order, and you can post your list as you go or pre-plan your list and read accordingly. When you finish a book, post the date that you finished it in the correct category, and definitely be sure to post here when you finish. I will keep track. Have fun!
Last Edited on: 3/6/11 12:25 AM ET - Total times edited: 3