Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Making Tags Useful - Mission #18

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
mahbaar avatar
Member of the Month medal
Subject: Making Tags Useful - Mission #18
Date Posted: 7/20/2008 5:40 PM ET

What language was this written in?

If your book is either in a foreign language, or was originally published in a foreign language, add a tag for it!

If the book was orignally published in another language (but the version is in English), label it [Language] Literature. For example, if the book was orignally written in German, tag it German Literature.

If the book that is being posted is in a foreign language, tag it In [language]. So if the book is in Spanish, tag it In Spanish, or you could also add a tag Not translated from Spanish.

Get out there and get to tagging! Thanks to Coree B. for this suggestion!

Last Edited on: 7/20/08 5:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
mahbaar avatar
Date Posted: 7/21/2008 12:28 PM ET

Bumping for the weekday crowd. :)

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/22/2008 9:25 AM ET

So, about books written in Spanish.  Do you think we should differentiate between the Spanish-speaking countries, or just call them Spanish literature or what?  Ruling anyone?  :-)

mahbaar avatar
Date Posted: 7/22/2008 9:47 AM ET

I think that both should be used. For example, a book in Spanish written by a Colombian author can have two tags: Spanish Literature and Colombian Literature. I don't think I'd want to limit it, because someone might be interested in just a search for Colombian lit, while someone else might just be looking for a book in Spanish or that has a Spanish language origin.

Make sense?

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/23/2008 9:11 AM ET

Makes sense to me!  That is probably the best course of action.