If you would like to send one of your books as a gift to a friend (PBS member or non-PBS member):
This is called the mail-to-a-Friend feature.
- Go to the Book Details page for the book (click on the book title or cover image anywhere on the site)
- Choose "Mail-to-a-Friend" under More Options on the right of the page
- If the book is currently Posted as available on your Bookshelf, there is also a Mail-to-a-Friend link on the upper right of the Book Details page.
- Fill in the name and address where you want the book sent
- Print out the wrapper and send the book as usual - you may use PBS-DC or Printed Postage in the process.
- The transaction will appear on your account page on the "Books Sent to a Friend" tab
- When your friend receives the book, you can mark it received from that tab.
- This is a non-credit transaction. No credit will be deducted, or granted, for sending your book out this way.
If you would like to request a book FROM ANOTHER MEMBER to send to an alternate (not your own) address:
- Order the book as usual
- Enter the alternate name and address
- A credit will be deducted from your account, just as with any request made to another member
- When your friend receives the book, she or he needs to tell you that it was received. Then you simply mark it received from your the "En Route to Me" tab on your My Account page, as usual, so the sender can get credit.
The option to request a book from another PBS member to send to an alternate address is available to you ONLY after you have first received 3 books from PBS.
Don't forget to tell your friend about PaperBackSwap.com!
What is Custom DC?