Help Center - What is a Book Credit?
A credit is the unit of exchange on this swapping site.
- One credit = 1 (bound or audio cassette) book. Audio CDs earn and cost 2 credits.
- Each time another member receives a book from you, you receive a credit in return. (Two credits if it is an audio CD book.)
- You then use your credits to request books from other members.
- If you are enrolled in Standard Membership, you use only Book Credits to request books (you never need to pay Swap Fees)
- If you are enrolled in Limited Membership, you can submit 30 requests per year using only Book Credits (and no Swap Fees)
- If you are an A la Carte Member, you will need to pay a 49-cent Swap Fee (or use a "Free Swap") for each request.
- Book Credits may be purchased in the Kiosk.