PBS Friends allow you to keep track of your PBS Friends' bookshelves and Wish Lists, see when they are online, and send them Personal Messages. You can "tag" and sort members into groups. There is a Friends tab in My Account; you can also get to Friends from the menu that drops down under My Account in the toolbar at the top of the site.
To learn how to add someone to your Friends, click here.
How to Use Friends:
- Log into PBS, put your cursor over My Account on the main toolbar at the top of any page on the site, and click Friends in the menu that drops down.
- Or click Friends tab when you are in My Account.
- Adding a Friend:
- Similarity Index on Friends
- This is a fun feature that tells you how much you and a Friend have in common! It is mostly based on your book ratings, and your choice of "favorite genres" on your Member Homepage.
- If a similarity score for a friend seems inaccurate, rate more books in the database; if your Friend also rates books, this should improve the accuracy of the score.
- Using tags:
- Making a Tag:
- Applying or removing a Tag
- Check the box next to any Friends you want to apply a tag to or remove a tag from
- Click Tag Actions (default view) in the menu at the top right of Friends page
- Choose the tag you want to apply from the list under the heading Apply Tag in the dropdown menu, or
- Choose the tag you want to remove from the list under the heading Remove Tag in the dropdown menu
- There is no limit to the number of tags you can apply to a Friend.
- Giving credits using Friends:
What are PBS Friends?
How do I add someone to my Friends?
BIR list conversion page