Expanded Privacy Controls
see also New Privacy Controls for more recent updates to Privacy Controls.
upgraded on 2/1/2008
You can now adjust the privacy controls on your account from the link Privacy Controls at the top of the Settings page in My Account.
- You can decide who sees what in your account:
- Last login
- personal info (age, city/state, email address, telephone number, mailing address)
- Lists (Bookshelf, Wish List, Friends, Reviews, transactions)
- Online status
- Each of the above will have a setting:
- Only Me
- Friends of Friends
- Everyone (= public)
You can also click to reset to default settings.
You can also choose "accept all Friends invitations" in your Privacy Controls
- Choosing "enabled" here means any member who clicks +Friend will be Friends with you (the default choice is "disabled"). Be sure to click the "Save Settings" button to apply your choice.
- You can delete any Friends from your Friends (this will remove you from their Friends also without notification) after they are on your Friends List, if you like.
Note: when you view your own profile, you will see ALL information. This will NOT be what is shown to other members. What is shown to others will be what you have set in your privacy controls.