FAQs About the Market
- Are these new books? Yes, they are new books! Some of them are overstock ( which means they may have "remainder" marks - usually a pen mark on the bottom edge). Super Sellers are totally new/unmarked (not remaindered).
- Why are there two prices on them? You can use a Book Credit when you purchase, to reduce the cost of the book even more. The two prices shown are the prices if you buy without using a Book Credit, and if you do use a Book Credit.
- How is PBS getting books so inexpensively? Where do the books come from? Trees. Books come from trees. No, seriously - we have a special contractual arrangement with a business partner which is allowing us to pass along these great prices to our members.
- Are there unlimited copies? No - so if you see a book you want, you should grab it! Some books are available only in limited quantities.
- How often does the stock change? Hourly (at least during the workday).
- How can I pay for the books? You can use a credit or debit card, your PayPal account, or PBS Money. The only payment options currently are online. Sorry, mail-in payments (checks/money orders) can't be accepted.
- How are these shipped? When will I get them? They are sent via the FedEx SmartPost service. With this service, FedEx provides a tracking number and the tracking information along the route before delivering the packages to the member's local Post Office. The USPS does the final sorting and delivery, so this service can be used to send items to PO Boxes, unlike standard FedEx shipping methods. Once the package has arrived at the Post Office, the tracking information appears at the USPS website. Prior to that, the same number can be tracked at FedEx's website. The Overstock books are shipped within 5 business days and you should get them within 10 days of the shipment. The Super Seller books can take a bit longer - maybe 14 business days from the time you order them.
- Is there a place on the site that I can follow the progress of my order? Yes, you can follow its progress from the "Receipts" list linked from the top of your My Account page. When the shipment is mailed, you will get an email with tracking information, and the receipt details on the Receipts page will update also.
- What is your return policy? We hope that you are completely satisfied with your Market purchase. If there is a problem with your order we will refund the purchase amount excluding shipping and handling costs. For more details, please read What is the return policy for PBS Market purchases?.