Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Book Bazaar Book Bazaar

Topic: 2 for 1 for August - I am a new PBS member

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
nashvillethecat avatar
Subject: 2 for 1 for August - I am a new PBS member
Date Posted: 8/3/2007 3:41 PM ET

Hi,

I am looking to build up credits and get rid of books.  If there is a book on my shelf you would like, order it and then PM me to let me know which second book you would like for free.

I will also place some damaged items on my profile that can be use for free books as well.

5 of the books on my bookshelf are wishlisted under different ISBNs

Thanks,

Lita

Oops, I have several books listed individually as Forum Topics, Please forgive!! 

Last Edited on: 8/6/07 10:47 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
bananapancakes avatar
Date Posted: 8/3/2007 3:49 PM ET

Hi! Welcome to PBS. Hope you're ready for a new addiction. Perusing your bookshelf now :0)

nashvillethecat avatar
Date Posted: 8/3/2007 3:58 PM ET

Hi Megan,

Thanks for checking out my bookshelf (which is VERY limited).  I saw that you have Virgin of the Small Plains on your wishlist.  I just finished a book-club copy and my local book club will be discussing it this month.  After that, I could send it to you as a freebie if you wish.  It wouldn't be for a credit since its is a book-club edition and therefore can't be "sold".  Have your read other books by that author?

Lita

nashvillethecat avatar
Date Posted: 8/3/2007 10:40 PM ET

I will add a Worn N Torn Freebie(see list in my signature), in addtional to the extra book from the bookshelf this month.

Thanks,

Lita

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2007 11:22 PM ET

Wait, Lita, why can't book-club editions be posted? I thought they could be; I'm off to do a little research... :P

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2007 11:28 PM ET

I looked again. There's nothing wrong with posting a book club edition under the correct ISBN. Some people have conditions against them though.

nashvillethecat avatar
Date Posted: 8/3/2007 11:45 PM ET

Hi Shelby,

I am sorry for the confusion regarding the "book club" edition.  It is a special edition that is only for distribution to individual book clubs who are going to read it and review it, not the typical book club editions where you buy 5 books for $1 and get the monthly choices.  It actually has no ISBN number printed on it and says "Not for Sale" where the ISBN ordinarily would be.    This is actually the first book I have seen like this.

Lita

dappledart avatar
Date Posted: 8/4/2007 12:19 AM ET

Sounds like maybe an advanced reader copy (ARC)?

nashvillethecat avatar
Date Posted: 8/4/2007 10:12 PM ET

That sounds like what it is. 

Generic Profile avatar
KarmelK - ,
Date Posted: 8/4/2007 10:29 PM ET

Hi Lita,

Thanks for the offer. I'd like to order Truly by Mary Balogh and get Sun Kissed by C.Anderson as my freebee!  If either is already taken I'll take the other C.Anderson book Bright Eyes.  Blessings, Mary

nashvillethecat avatar
Date Posted: 8/4/2007 11:48 PM ET

Hi Mary,

Thanks so much!
Truly has reading creases on the spine from being opened, but other than that it is in very good condition. Sun Kissed is in beautiful shape.   Ihave taken Sun Kissed off my shelf so that I can use it as the freebie.
Thanks,
Lita

nashvillethecat avatar
Date Posted: 8/5/2007 11:58 PM ET

Hi,

I am mailing out several books tomorrow (Monday, Aug 6).  If anyone want to take me up on the 2 for 1 offer, I can mail them out tomorrow.

Thanks,

Lita