Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** AUGUST I WISH (things you're hoping to find) ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** AUGUST I WISH (things you're hoping to find) ****
Date Posted: 7/31/2022 3:56 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted, etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 7/31/2022 5:47 PM ET

I wish to ask for prayers for all those who have been hit with the recent flooding in Kentucky.  In 2016, WV saw this kind of devastation and everyone was so helpful and generous in the efforts of getting others back up on their feet.

School is starting in many states this week and I ask for prayers so all are safe in the schools from disease, mass chaos and all that seems to come with new school years.  These children are the future and these adults are shaping the lives of the children.  

I have an uncle who is 18 months older than I am.  This week he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer while being the hospital for jaundice.  They are saying JB doesn't have much time so I am asking for prayers for comfort for him.  He is alone, living in California, for years so this will be extremely hard on him and on my mom and aunt (his sisters).

Last Edited on: 8/14/22 10:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2022 7:40 AM ET

Happy August. Hope it's a great month for all. This month is my birthday month. I'm turning a young 66. My wishes for this month are:

Surprises for my birthday. Most of you know my likes by now. The only thing I could really, really use is a new bra. I need a size 48-D (NO UNDERWIRES). Prefer white or beige.

Thanks to all.

Last Edited on: 8/1/22 6:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2022 10:31 AM ET

Aug wishes:   bingo cards,postcards[new or used]any kind of notecards or cute stationary.

Last Edited on: 8/12/22 9:38 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2022 3:03 PM ET

Its my birthday month!  Any surprises or happy mail would be so welcome.  It's a big one!  :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2022 3:50 PM ET

Wishing all of you a joyful and safe August. My own prayers echo much of what Vicky has already so well-said. In addition, as always, prayers for a kind and permanent end to Covid. 

I would truly appreciate shampoo or conditioner samples that any of you may have that are meant for dry/damaged hair. My own hair is very fine and absorbs water like a sponge. The only product that worked well for me years ago (no clue whether it still would do so) was a Redken shampoo a salon used. Lol, what was odd to me at that time was thinking the name "Redken" meant for red hair. my hair is brown. 

Long-shot wish is for an Autumn/Thanksgiving cookie cutter! Dad and I enjoy making seasonal pancakes. I would need the shape to be larger. Due to Covid, I would need this to be brand new and sealed in its original packaging. As an FYI, I do not celebrate traditional Halloween so no need for any cutters that may be related to that day. 

I do as always respectfully request that antyhing come to me from a nonsmoking home. 

Thank you for all the kind faith and friendship each of you spread every month. God Bless You. 

daisymau avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2022 7:38 PM ET

I agree with Vicky and Mona with the prayers for our nation.  I will be so glad when elections are over with. I can't believe these candidates that blow up our phones with all their ads and nasty campaign digs. It's also my birthday month will be the big 58.

Silvercat avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2022 7:05 PM ET

I hear ya, Amber...they really are targeting our town with election messages....so many robo calls!

And...Happy Birthday!!  laugh

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2022 8:07 PM ET

I recently tested positive for covid. Dealing with a cough and fatigue. Just looking for well wishes and cheer. Much appreciated!

Update 8/8 I've tested negative for covid! Yeah! Will be using precautions to not get it again if possible. Thanks again for all the kind words!

Last Edited on: 8/10/22 7:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2022 7:26 PM ET

My wishes are:

2. Hi chew candy in a bag the Fantasy Mix flavors.

3. Coupons-Any for food you have extra of and any for dog food or snacks.

4. Anything Wonder Woman

5. Scented gel pens in any smell for my nephew

Thanks for reading. Post your odd or unique wishes and I might be able to help you out. 

Last Edited on: 8/9/22 11:36 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Lambie avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2022 9:17 PM ET

I'm wishing for:

A small stamped cross stitch kit. Something like a Christmas ornament or similar size would be perfect. 

Foreign coins (outside of US)

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/11/2022 10:26 AM ET

I'm wishing for some as-seen-on-tv Alien Tape.  I don't want 3 rolls, which evidently you have to buy according to the ad.  I just want to hang up 3 small hooks on the insides of doors without using any nails, so I think about 1 foot would do me.  Also, that way I could see if this stuff actually works.

Has anyone out there bought Alien Tape, and if so, could you spare a foot?

Thank you for reading my wish.

schnauzer-mom avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/17/2022 7:39 AM ET

I'm looking for patterns for easy to make chemo caps.  Sewing patterns are preferred, knitting second and crochet last. I lost my wife to cancer in 2018 and have wanted to do something like this for others going through treatment. PM me for my address and thank you!

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/18/2022 6:03 AM ET

Looking for any stainless steel junk jewelry or any kind for a project

Anything with sunflowers or dragonfly on it

Need Memorydex card die cuts or a strong like stencil

Thank you!

Last Edited on: 8/19/22 11:21 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: This thread is now closed!
Date Posted: 9/1/2022 12:18 AM ET

This thread is now closed.  Please move over to the September RAOK thread to post your wishes.  Thanks!