Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Auto- accept and WL function

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: Auto- accept and WL function
Date Posted: 8/2/2020 3:09 PM ET

I have  had my account on vaca hold while I'm out of town but do have some titles on auto-- accept which is a newish function to me. I got offered a book I didnt recognize (no other versions on my WL) so assume I was number one on the WL.  But shouldnt it still be on my WL in pink to signify it is on hold til I receive it? It is not showing up at all on my WL. On my offers tab it shows the book has no wishers ao I assume I was the only one left on that WL. 

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/2/2020 5:56 PM ET

If your account auto-accepted the book it won't show at all on your WL. The pink on a WL listing comes only when you have more than one copy of the book on your WL, for example, if your account auto-accepted a hard cover of a book,  if you have the same title in paperback on you WL, the paperback listing will appear in pink until you mark the hard cover received.

Be warned though, the system doesn't always remove the pink ones on hold. When I have more than one version of a book on my WL I always check back after I receive one copy of the book to see the other version/s have been removed from my WL.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2020 11:44 PM ET

Thanks.   Yes, all this year I  have had to go into my WL when I mark a book received and remove any other versions on the WL.