Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Hidden Gems Hidden Gems

Topic: Best Cozy Mysteries??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/10/2017 4:48 PM ET

I think the Napolean Bonaparte series by Arthur Upfield would gualify. Bonaparte is the name of a half mix Aboriginal and white detective. Set in Australia. Interesting story and characters. Very well done. I don't know how many books Upfield wrote. I am reading my 2nd one now. Have 2 more on order waiting for them to arrive. They are scarce here at pbs.

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: new cozy mystery
Date Posted: 10/15/2017 8:34 PM ET

I am posting a new Hamish Macbeth mystery by M.C. Beaton published in Feb. 2017. The title is Death of a Ghost.

If you like the Hamish Macbeth series about Police Sergeant Hamish Macbeth, you will like this one!

I also have about four other books  with Hamish as the main character. See my posted books for some good

cozy mysteries!

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Great Cozy Mysteries
Date Posted: 4/22/2018 12:07 AM ET

Books by Rhys Bowen are really good! Look on my booklist and read some of her cozy mysteries!!!

Also those written by MC Beaton about Hamish Macbeth, a Scottish policeman, are funny and good!    '

In fact if you look at my booklist, you will find very good books to order. Some great books are in all my posts, too!

Have fun!     Love, Lulie Felder, PO Box 8, Summerton, SC 29148             My email is gramfel@yahoo.com

Last Edited on: 4/22/18 12:10 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/22/2018 1:57 AM ET

I think Charles Finch would qualify as cozy. I have only read A Beautiful Blue Death. I don't know what other books are in his series.

Page: