Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Christian Book Recommendations

Topic: *** Book Deals, Offers, Bookshelf Promotions ***

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/13/2009 10:11 PM ET

I have many Jannete Oke books, all with matching paperback covers. They are all in new condition and since I'm hunting for credits, I'm offereing them for a 3 for 2 deal.

sunnybrookgal avatar
Subject: 19 Catholic titles, make me an offer!
Date Posted: 3/13/2009 10:41 PM ET

All are hardcover. Some of the Dj's are worn, books themselves are pristine. Make me an offer, I would really like to get rid of these in one big lot or in a few lots, not piecemeal, so I am open to deals. I just don't ahve room to store them any more. I have listed titles below, most aren't posted on my shelf because they don't have ISBNs and I am being lazy, LOL:) Please PM me if interested!

The Remarkable Cure of Ars by Michel de Saint Pierre: story of the life of St. John Vianney

St. Peter the Apostle, by William Thomas Walsh

Larger than the Sky, story of James Cardinal Gibbons

Francis, Biography of the Saint of Assisi

Saint in the Wilderness: the life of St. Isaac Jogues (Glenn Kittler)

To Light a Candle, the Autobiography of James Keller, Founder of the Christophers

Men In Sandals (Richard Madden, O C D)

Father Flanagan of Boys Town (Fulton and Will Oursler)

A Man Named John, The Life of Pope John XXIII (Alden Hatch)

The 10 below are Catholic Family Book Club books, sort of like a Catholic Reader's Digest Condensed book. Most of the titles in each book are full books, a few are excerpts from longer works. If you wish to know more, PM me.

Red Shoes for Nancy (Marguerite Hamilton), Mr. Blue (Myles Connolly), On Leave from Heaven (Abel Moreau) The Ear of God (Patrick Peyton, C. S. C.)

Heart in Pilgrimage (Evelyn Eaton and Edward Roberts Moore), The Boo of Mary (Henri Daniel-Rops), As the Clock Struck twenty (S. M. C.) Tales of a Flier’s Faith (Ed Mack Miller)

Only One Heart (Sister Patricia Jean, S.L.), God Made Little Apples (John Sheridan), The Man Who Sang When He Suffered-St. John of the Cross (Frances Parkinson Keyes), four excerpts from Stop Pushing! (Dan Herr)

The Lilies of the Field (William Barrett) A Family on Wheels (Maria Augusta Trapp) St Teresa of Avila (John Beevers), The Bishop’s Beggar (Stephen Vincent Benet)

The Emperor and the Pope (E E Y Hales), Pierre Toussaint (Arthur and Elizabeth Sheehan), The Song at the Scaffold (Gertrud von Le Fort), Now and at the Hour (Robert Cormier)

The Search for Saint Therese (Peter-Thomas Rohrbach, O. C. D.), Shadows and Images (Meriol Trevor), excerpts from Catholic Viewpoints on Education (Neil McCluskey, S. J.), excerpts from The Snake Has All the Lines (Jean Kerr)

Padre Pio (Oscar de Liso), Sorrow Built a Bridge (Katherine Burton), La Conquistadora (Fray Angelico Chavez), Isaac Thomas Hecker (Hilda Graef)

Blithe Sprits (Dan Herr and Joel Wells) Miracle at Carville (Betty Martin) The Unanswerable Argument of Blood (William Thomas Walsh) An Invitation Heeded, Francis Parkinson Keyes (John O’Brien)

Saint Catherine Laboure of the Miraculous Medal (Joseph Dirvin, C. M.) A Memoir of Mary Ann (Dominican Nuns) Life with My Mary (Joseph Breig) Saint Rita (Willy de Spens)

Damien the Leper (John Farrow) Dan England and the Noonday Devil (Myles Connolly) The Franciscans, Love at Work (Boniface Hanley, OFM and Salvator Fink OFM) The Marvelous Doctor: Friar Roger Bacon (Liam Brophy)

AlamoLiz avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Vacation Bible School curriculum available
Date Posted: 3/14/2009 3:46 PM ET

I have a 13-book collection listed on the shelf that is unused Vacation Bible School materials from Gospel Light. The title is "Sonforce Kids: Special Agents," and it has a secret agent / spies theme. I am looking to give this away as a bundle for 3 credits. It has a retail value of over $200, and if you are looking for a Bible-based curriculum for VBS this summer, Gospel Light is a wonderful selection. Send me a PM if you (or someone you know) is interested.

Blessings,

Liz (AlamoLiz)

clariail avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: Wish List Books, Different ISBN
Date Posted: 3/14/2009 7:07 PM ET

I have the following books with different ISBN numbers:

Max Lucado:
It's Not About Me   hardback, published by Integrity Music in 2004 and has 173 pages.

In the Grip of Grace hardback,  published by Word in 1996 that has 235 pages.

Bill Hybels:
Just Walk Across the Room, hardback, published by Zondervan in 2006 with 221 pages. (This one is a Crossings Book Club Ed)

Last Edited on: 4/10/09 11:38 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
nitesea avatar
Subject: Taken
Date Posted: 3/17/2009 2:25 PM ET

You choose.  Order any 4 books on my shelf and get a free movie.  Either Fireproof or Facing the Giants.  Both are AWSOME Christian moveis!

Last Edited on: 4/19/09 2:05 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jet avatar
Subject: Sunday school material deal
Date Posted: 3/18/2009 11:00 AM ET

Hello Everyone,

I have a used preschool teacher's guide with 18 new - never opended - pond packs  (student kits) and used cd.  They are God Prints  that are put out by Cook Communications Ministries.  This was for March, April, May Spring quarter 2004.  Lessons include Jonah Obeys, Easter Joy, and Praying People.  I'm willing to send them with 4 orders off of my shelf.  I am one of the preschool teachers at our church and this material was given to us by another church but it was more than we needed.  Since I'm also on the library board I was hoping to trade this material for credits to get more books for our library.  Any questions just pm me.

Thanks,

Jeannette

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: 5/2 + Freebies on all books through Friday
Date Posted: 3/18/2009 11:49 PM ET

I have a bunch of Christian books (lots of Billy Graham, Greg Laurie, etc.).  Many are in like-new condition.  I also have a bunch of Christian children's books.  I'm offering a 5/2 promotion on all my books through Friday.  Please check out my self! Thanks!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/19/2009 7:28 PM ET

Last Edited on: 3/20/09 3:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
doulachic avatar
Date Posted: 3/19/2009 9:30 PM ET

Last Edited on: 4/13/09 6:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Stacelito avatar
Subject: A Woman After God's Own Heart (2 books)
Date Posted: 3/20/2009 12:15 PM ET

Order the one posted and get a second one! THey are left over from a recent Ladies Biblestudy!

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Three for one all books
Date Posted: 3/20/2009 3:34 PM ET
We are moving soon, and I would love to get rid of as many books as I can before I have to pack them up. All the books on my shelf are 3 for 1, I have several of the Anne of Green Gables books, a few Chicken soup, and a couple of Christian romance, as well as a bunch of Christian historical fiction. Just request one and PM me with your other choices. Thanks!
clariail avatar
Subject: End of March Madness Deals
Date Posted: 3/21/2009 12:49 PM ET

Now through the end of March I am offering the following deals:

Paperbacks:  3 for 1
Hardcovers:  2 for 1

Am open to other possible deals, just let me know.

PM the freebie books and also post here.

You may also choose one for each order from the following unpostables:
Guidepost Book:   Listening to the Animals, Best Friends
Guidepost Book:   Listening to the Animals, Second Chances
Guidepost Book:   Listening to the Animals, Famous Animals
Readers Digest Condensed Book:  Janet Daily 'Notorious',  Glenn Meade 'Snow Wolfe', Soheir Khashogg 'Mirage', 
                                                                  Lilian Jackson Braun 'The Cat Who Said Cheese'
Anne Perry  'Long Spoon Lane'   (ex Library Book)

Lori Wick:  The Pursuit

Last Edited on: 3/24/09 10:13 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
clariail avatar
Subject: Anyone have current deals going?
Date Posted: 3/25/2009 3:03 PM ET

Does anyone have any current deals on for Christian fiction?  Thanks.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Judy Baer Teen Series deal (VG cond.)
Date Posted: 4/2/2009 5:48 AM ET

I have 1-6 of Live From Brentwood High. I would like 3 credits for the 6 books. This is a great author.

Please pm me if interested. I will wait to post for a few days to make sure you can get the complete set.

Thanks,

Nancy

doulachic avatar
Date Posted: 4/4/2009 10:16 AM ET

Last Edited on: 4/12/09 12:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: All books 6/3 or 12/5
Date Posted: 4/6/2009 10:57 PM ET

I have a bunch of Christian books (Max Lucado, Billy Graham, etc.) and am offering a 6/3 or 12/5 deal on all my books until the end of April.  Please order the first 3 or 5 books the normal way and PM me with the rest.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2009 2:08 PM ET

I'm running a 2 for 1 deal on my bookshelf and have tons..I reapeat, tons of Janette Oke books that I'd love to go to a new home that'll appreciate them.

wifeandmommie avatar
Subject: deal
Date Posted: 4/8/2009 12:22 PM ET

I'd love to get rid of some of my books, if you want to look at my bookself and make a deal I'd love to unload some on you :-)

Eagle avatar
Date Posted: 4/10/2009 7:31 AM ET

Anyone interested?

Cinderella1 avatar
Subject: 2 for 1 Tuesday 4/14
Date Posted: 4/14/2009 8:45 AM ET
2 for 1 until midnight tonight. Thanks, Kim
nitesea avatar
Subject: 3/1 Deal
Date Posted: 4/15/2009 12:40 PM ET

Offering 3/1 deal on my entire shelf. 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/17/2009 1:10 PM ET

I have Miss Invisible by Laura Walker (just reading worn) as a unpostable when buying from my bookshelf.  Great book

susan

Last Edited on: 4/17/09 1:14 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Love Inspired Romances Offer
Date Posted: 4/18/2009 2:13 PM ET

I am downsizing my bookcase. I am offering a 3 books for one credit deal on my Love Inspired Christian Romances. Please request one book and then, send me a PM with the other 2 titles you would like. You can also mix and match titles with my collection of regular Silhouette or Harlequin romances. Offer expires May 15, 2009.

Michele

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: 3/2, 6/3, or 12/5 on ALL books
Date Posted: 4/22/2009 3:28 PM ET

Through the end of April I'm offering a 3/2, 6/3, or 12/5 deal on ALL my books!!! Please order the first 2, 3, or 5 the normal way and PM me with the 1, 3, or 7 books you would like to get free!

Lots of these books are LIKE NEW & would make great gifts!!!

CHRISTIAN BOOKS:

He Did This Just For You :: Max Lucado

Answers to Life's Problems :: Billy Graham

When God Doesn't Make Sense :: James Dobson

Peace with God :: Billy Graham

The Good Life :: Charles Colson

Hope Again: When Life Hurts And Dreams Fade :: Charles Swindoll

Praying Through the Tough Times :: Lloyd John Ogilvie

Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync with God :: Franklin Graham

The God of the Second Chance :: Greg Laurie

When God Prays : Discovering the Heart of Jesus in His Prayers :: Skip Heitzig

The Secret Of Happiness :: Billy Graham

Rebel with a Cause :: Franklin Graham

Selected Studies from Proverbs :: Charles R. Swindoll

Why the Resurrection? A Personal Guide to Meeting the Resurrected Christ :: Greg Laurie

Angels, Elect and Evil :: Fred Dickason

Bible Basics: A Study Manual: Revealing the Joy and Peace of True Christianity :: Duncan Heaster

Bob Pierce: This One Thing I Do :: Franklin Graham

Even the Demons Believe :: Timothy Williams

Footprints Of A Pilgrim :: Ruth Bell Graham

Stories of Prayer for a Healthy Soul :: Christine M. Anderson

Getting to NO: How to break a stubborn habit :: Erwin W. Lutzer

God Does Care: Comfort and Encouragement from the Word of God

God in the Garden: The Amazing Story of Billy Graham's First New York Crusade: 2005 Edition (2005 Commemorative Edition) :: Curtis Mitchell

God's Little Instruction Book on Love (God's Little Instruction Books) :: Honor Books

Revolution In World Missions :: K. P. Yohannan

Towers to Eternity: The Remarkable Story of Trans World Radio as Told by Its Founder :: Paul E Freed

The Gospel of St. John

Gospel Trailblazer - An African-American Preacher's Historic Journey Across Racial Lines :: Howard O. Jones

Christian Children’s books:

Archibald's Opposites (Veggiecational Series) :: Phil Vischer (hardcover)

Pa Grape's Shapes (Veggietales) :: Phil Vischer (hardcover)

Time for Tom - A "Veggiecational" book about time (VeggieTales) :: Phil Vischer (hardcover)

Fear Not - Story of Hope : A (Touched By An Angel Classic) :: Martha Williamson (hardcover)

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/23/2009 7:41 AM ET

I have gift-worthy, like-new condition Janette Oke books on my shelf. No deals at the moment, but PM me and we'll see what I can do.

Page: