Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Cookbooks with small stains...........

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Janjunebug avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Cookbooks with small stains...........
Date Posted: 8/16/2007 10:00 AM ET

I posted a much-wishlisted cookbook that I received from another member.  According to the Help Center, I am to make the requestor aware of any stains on the cookbook.

• No staining

• Exception: Cookbooks may have some mild staining, since these are used in the kitchen and while cooking, and some minor degree of staining could be expected in a used cookbook.
    • HOWEVER, if you post a cookbook and it is stained, the condition must be described to the requestor in a Personal Message
    • AND the described condition MUST BE AGREED TO before the book is sent

• This is the one of the ONLY two cases in which a PM exchange about a book is required before the book can be sent (the other is for textbooks--see above).
    • this exception applies to the covers of cookbooks also.      
    • SORRY!  Don't know what happened there.
    •  
    • Anyway, the requestor has not responded to my pm and as I understand, I should not mail the book to her until I have her concurrence that the stains are okay.
    • Any ideas?.  

• Last Edited on: 8/16/07 10:02 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
    CozSnShine avatar
    Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
    Date Posted: 8/16/2007 10:46 AM ET

Sounds as if you are correct to me.   I wouldn't send it without the ok from the requestor. 

Generic Profile avatar
    Standard Member medal
    Date Posted: 8/16/2007 10:48 AM ET

How long has it been since you PM'd her? How long before the request times out? Unless you are at the last day to accept, give her some time to respond. Not everyone checks their PMs every day.

However, you might want to send a second PM telling her you will NOT be sending the book unless you hear from her that she still wants it. Some people just assume that not answering means it is OK, please send. But since cookbooks and textbooks require agreement to any damage before sending, it's important to get that OK.

If you don't hear back from her, no, don't send the book. Unfortunately that means the request will cancel and you will have to repost the book, and the request may just go back to the same person again, but maybe if it does cancel she'll respond to your PM the second time.

Janjunebug avatar
    Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPrintable Postage medal
    Date Posted: 8/16/2007 11:28 AM ET

It took her almost all of the 48 hours to respond to the offer of the book so, as was suggested, she must not log-in daily.

I've pm'd her twice already, but will give her until my mailing deadline which, I think, is two more days.  Then I'll just cancel and send her another pm. 

Hopefully, though, she will log-in again before that mailing deadline.

Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

Jan