Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Credits sales in BB... my cup overrunneth

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Heather-and-Raven avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Credits sales in BB... my cup overrunneth
Date Posted: 5/5/2020 8:07 PM ET

Am I recalling wrong (a VERY good possibility!) that there was some kind of decision made that there would be one (ONE! ONNNNNNNE) thread in the Book Bazaar about selling credits? One. Single. Thread. Only. And everyone with credits posted On. That. Thread. Only. What happened? Did I miss it changing? I realize with the $3 equalization and 50 limit, people feel stuck. But I feel the BB is useless. Maybe 5% of the threads now are NOT credit sales. And please, do not reply "but I hafta sell mah kredits becuz mah Johnny Boy needz his cheezy poofs" or whatever. It's out of control. I have the one thread I like (WL Multiples) saved as a favorite so I don't have to go in there, but I'd LIKE to. But anything NOT "please buy muh credits so I can pay fer shippin" is getting absolutely drowned. Thank you. 

Sherry avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medal
Date Posted: 5/5/2020 8:13 PM ET

yes  Agreed!  I've sent messages to PBS numerous times asking them to make a separate forum for credit sales.  Not once have I gotten even a reply.  It's nice people have credits they can sell, but the 'Book Bazaar' should be for books.  

rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 5/6/2020 7:27 AM ET

A member posted a thread in CMT recently wanting one thread for credit sales but I don't expect that will ever happen as members like to be unique in promoting their credits. There are not a lot of members who post in the book bazaar so all recent posts fit on the first page and members don't need to scroll by many pages. Not many members post book deals and putting credit sales in one thread will not change that.

There is a mega thread for book deals though.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/8/2020 9:33 AM ET

> There is a mega thread for book deals though.

Now the book deals have been neatly clustered into one thread, and the credit sale threads are still jostling for attention all over the Book Bazaar.

It should have been the other way around!

I dislike going into the Book Bazaar because of the credit sale threads. PBS might as well rename that subforum into "Credit Bazaar".