Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Endless loop...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Endless loop...
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 6:01 PM ET

I posted some wishlist books and one of my books seems to be in an endless loop of people who have conditions for perfect or near perfect books for their collection.  Now I have no problem with the conditions they have set, but my books are not perfect and I keep declining them and now we are in the loop for the second time and I have just declined 2 of the 3 people.  The next one I know has conditions too.  How do I stop this loop?

Tricia

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 6:05 PM ET

Im courious how do you know the next one has conditions? You cant see who is on WL for a book unless your on their WL page and that still doesnt tell you where in line they are.

You cant stop the loop you'll just have to wait it out until you get to someone who you can mail to.

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 6:07 PM ET

You can always click that you can't mail the book for other reasons & it will be pulled from the system.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 6:23 PM ET

Well thats true didnt think of that.

melanied avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 6:30 PM ET

Keep in mind that being pulled from the system means removed from your shelf. You will have to repost it at a later date if you want to swap it. I was stuck in one of those loops as a requester, we both wanted no smoking books, I just deleted my request for it to stop the loop.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 6:48 PM ET

I can see the next person by clicking the PM button.  And I know the person has conditions because I have already been through the loop.  I think I will just pull the book when it comes up again and take it off my shelf.  Thanks for the help.

Last Edited on: 10/12/07 6:48 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 6:49 PM ET

This happens sometimes. You need to send in a feedback (use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.) The solution is for Robert to move all the wishers to the reminder list. Then your book stays in the system until it is requested, then they can move back to the wish list.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 7:00 PM ET

There must be only 3 people in line for it or it would go onto a 4th person.  Did you look up to see how many people are waiting for it?

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 7:11 PM ET

Yeah, now there is only one, so the others must have removed it from their wishlist.  Hopefully it will go to someone.  :-)

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 7:12 PM ET

What book is it?

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 7:34 PM ET

Help Center says: Once you have declined, you will NOT be able to send this book to this requestor, even if she removes her Requestor Conditions and tries to re-request it.

So are you positive its the same person?

sassenach avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/12/2007 8:38 PM ET

Help Center says: Once you have declined, you will NOT be able to send this book to this requestor, even if she removes her Requestor Conditions and tries to re-request it.

So are you positive its the same person?

Chris, there is a glitch that does cause some books to be re-offered to the same people even though it shouldn't be.  I would just wait a few days and re-list it.