Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** FEBRUARY WISHES (things you'd like) ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** FEBRUARY WISHES (things you'd like) ****
Date Posted: 1/31/2020 8:54 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

Darlin-D avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2020 4:22 AM ET

Wish #1 ~ Decorative paper napkins to use for decoupage. Anything from a couple to a full package. No holiday please.

Wish #2 ~ A Wilson antenna ball. These were available for purchase when the movie Castaway came out. Mine was stolen several months ago & I miss it very much. It’s just a small thing but it brings me a great deal of joy.

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2020 8:21 AM ET

Still hoping:            I need some ink-stamp ink for a stamp.  The stamp itself has a well that holds some liquid ink; so it's not the kind that you use a stamp pad for.  (I have those).  Does anyone happen to have a bottle of ink they are not using (maybe one of our declutterers)?  I just don't want to buy a whole bottle when I only need a couple drops for this one stamp.  I told y'all, this is an odd request.  :)

Thank you for reading!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2020 11:54 AM ET

Do any of you stil have an open Kmart near by? If so and you go there, please PM me. I would appreciate so much your checking to see whether they have particular socks (that only Kmart sells). Please also keep my Dad in prayer for health. Prayers for our country and world that we all may remember each of us is a child of God. Thank you, Happy February, and love to all.

Last Edited on: 2/1/20 1:08 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2020 1:04 PM ET

Happy February All. Hope it's a good month for all. We just renewed our apt. lease and they raised our rent $40.00 extra per month. We can manage it but it makes buying extra goodies for ourselves a lot slimmer. So any help with wish lists are doubly appreciated.

If you can help with the following, we'd feel truly blessed...

For me:

1) International brand french vanilla or hazelnut instant coffee

2) Pretty stationary without lines.

3) Long shot for me: Looking for a sterling siver cross to go on a chain necklace I have. (has to be sterling silver, not silver plated as I never take it off)

For Bob:

1) a 3 or 6 pk of HANES V- neck white tee shirts size XXXL

2) A small pkg. or two of slim jims or beef jerky. He loves both, or anything chocolate ( no nuts please)

Thank you for any help granting these wishes.

englishmaven avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2020 5:29 PM ET

#2 pencils--I'm a Reading Interventionist; most of my students are from low socio-economic homes. A few are foster children. I don't require my students to bring anything to class except themselves. I supply everything for them. Many of my pencils are taken at the end of the class (along with the cap erasers). I do scrounge on the floor of the school at the end of the day and pick up any pencils left by students. I'm about out of classroom funds, and I already use my own money for classroom supplies. Any pencils will help--even if they're used. Do you have a bunch just sitting in a drawer? I'll take them.

sophiab avatar
Date Posted: 2/1/2020 7:08 PM ET

Happy February to All!

My Wishlist includes:

1) Prayers for our country - I agree with Mona

Thank you to everyone who has responded or is responding to my wishes! :)

Last Edited on: 2/2/20 3:24 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
AZmom875 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2020 12:13 AM ET

1. Starbucks, UGLY sweater gift card, Zero balance, for a craft project.   

This is actually for a friend who made cute ornaments for all her grand kids a time ago.  THEN WHammo they have another kids and that baby needs an ugly sweater ornament for her first christmas.

So do you have one lying around?   If you have one you probably know what it looks like, but here is a link. 

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/173335918025-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

2. My biggest wish **** My 31 year old son, has moved home in OCT of 2019. He is on HOME dialysis for stage 4 kidney failure. He has bouts of depression due to his illness and his entrapment to the machine 12 hours a day. I take him to a counselor once a week to help him cope. Can you send him a platonic Valentine's  card or letter? He likes PINK, and likes Hello Kitty, He likes GRRR from the cartoon, Invader Zimm, He likes cartoons and a lot of inappropriate humor, so he isn't easily offended. Rick and Morty, Family guy, all those stupid cartoons. He needs some happy mail something to remind him that he is valuable. He cried today because he feels worthless.  I know Valentine's day can be hard for single people.  No chocolate.  JIC you are wondering.  He can eat other candy. 

Last Edited on: 2/2/20 5:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2020 10:25 AM ET

Boxtops for Education

Coupons for:  Special K cereals, Basic 4 cereal, Yoplait or Dannon yogurt ( not Greek), Perrier water, Dasani sparkling water, flavored bottled waters, almond milk (Silk or Almond Breeze), fabric softener.

checkbook resgisters

Last Edited on: 2/6/20 6:39 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2020 7:10 PM ET

My february wishes: 

1.  Would love to continue receiving State postcards for Ma' Kathy -  Upated list is on the RAOK page, Thank you.

Update:  Only 7 more needed. Thank you, You all are awesome!!!!

Idaho: ID - Illinois: IL - Missouri: MO - Oklahoma: OK - Pennsylvania: PA - Vermont: VT - Wisconsin: WI

2 or a double Black stove spoon rest.

White Out Correction Tape

Black ink pen.

Last Edited on: 2/27/20 11:25 AM ET - Total times edited: 6
nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 2/3/2020 11:33 AM ET

Happy February to everyone. My wish is for Any Type of Card Fronts that you might want to pass along, I so enjoy using them in my paper crafting. Thanks for all the offers and offerings in the RAOK's.  

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/5/2020 3:44 PM ET

Left over Valentine stickers or other stuff 

net bags any color

conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/8/2020 8:17 PM ET

My wishes are:

1. Coupons

3. Bunion cushions of any brand as long as they stick--need them bad for my feet and so expensive to buy.

5. Any hallmark movie or hallmark channel DVD you no longer want--will take them without a case as well.:)

Thanks for reading. Post your unique or odd wishes..might be able to help you out.:)

Last Edited on: 2/13/20 7:56 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/9/2020 6:44 PM ET

My usual:  any broken, unwanted, unloved jewelry.  Particularly with rhinestones or glass beads.

Elephants....lots of elephants.

Walking Dead items

Monarch 1110 pricing gun

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/11/2020 8:44 AM ET

I have a friend who really wants a Polish calendar. I am referring to the Polish Catholic calendar they give out at churches.

Last Edited on: 2/13/20 7:53 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/12/2020 1:00 AM ET

My wishes:

I decided to edit my post and then accidently erased all of it.  Going back to my usual wish of dvds of movies or documentaries that I can share with my dad and the home.  They bring so much joy.  

Thank you for reading!  Hope everyone has a lovely February! 

Last Edited on: 2/19/20 11:56 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/16/2020 12:50 PM ET

Am putting together a basket of items appropriate for children for a fund raiser.  If anyone has anything they would like to share I would appreciate it.  The  basket is for children from six to twelve.  

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/18/2020 3:16 PM ET

Scented candles, including used remnants.

Coupons I can use:

• cheese: Market Pantry, Kraft, Sargento, Cracker Barrel, Tillamook
  • yogurt (not light or 0% fat): Chobani, Brown Cow, Fage, Siggis
  • whole wheat bread, hamburger or hotdog buns, tortillas
  • taco shells
  • milk, cream, half & half (dairy only): Horizon, Organic Valley
  • whole bean coffee: Peets or Starbucks 
  • peanut butter: Laura Scudders or Adams 
  • sour cream: Daisy, Knudsen, Tillamook
  • Heinz ketchup
  • chips: potato, tortilla
  • graham crackers, oreos
  • butter in sticks
  • Blue brand dry cat  food
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/19/2020 8:41 AM ET

The school that I taught at for 25 years has put out this post, if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

This is for postcards only.  These are the remaining 10 States.  

I am down to 10 states that my students need to get all 50 states.
Connecticut Delaware
Idaho Massachusetts
Mississippi. New Hampshire
Ohio. Oregon
Rhode Island. Vermont

Meadow Bridge Elementary     c/o Natalie Mullens     805 Main Street   Meadow Bridge, WV  25976

Last Edited on: 2/19/20 9:09 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 2/22/2020 9:12 AM ET

Hey!!!

I am really needing some postcards. I send a lot out and if you happen to have some that you dont or wont use, I sure could use them!

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/22/2020 3:52 PM ET

Someone asked for net bags but I don't recall who.  Found a white one as I was cleaning a closet.  PM me whoever you are.

sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/22/2020 9:25 PM ET

R.E.K., it was Jen B.  who was looking for net bags :-)

adopteesministry avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/27/2020 5:14 PM ET

My WISHES- Better Late Than Never!

1. Vintage Small/Medium Size Portraits/Photos of Kids, Moms and Kids, Twins, Weddings. I Love ones with High Top Shoes, Vintage Hats &Dresses, Lace outfits or blouses. ( Studio like ones or special snapshots )

2.Vintage Victorian-like old Postcards- Holidays- Easter, Valentines, St. Patricks or other- Used or Not Used

3. IRISH STUFF CARDS or CARD FRONTS, SAYINGS, Quotes ( Especially Vintage ), FOUR LEAF CLOVERS- REAL OR CHARMS- Ones. JUST FOUND OUT by DNA who my BIRTH FATHER IS, I'm Adopted- HE's IRISH! I am new at being IRISH!!

4. Buttons- Small/Medium- Bright Primary Colors and Gingham or Polka dot design buttons

5. White Lace Applique shapes from old lace fabric, curtains or lace table cloth- flowers, hearts, etc.

6. Denim Fabric Blue Pockets cut out from Blue Jeans/Levis or Denim Blue quilt squares

I listed some goodies to give away today- first come- first serve!

Last Edited on: 2/28/20 8:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 13