Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** FEBRUARY WISHES ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** FEBRUARY WISHES ****
Date Posted: 2/1/2019 12:08 AM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

Roses723 avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2019 10:03 AM ET

Coupons for Activia (or any lactose free yogurt), New England Coffee, Lean Cuisine or Marie Callender's frozen meals.

Thanks for looking :)

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2019 11:05 AM ET

Happy Valentine's Month to each of you!

This month, I wish for:

Pepsi, Tide, Snuggle coupons.

Prayers for the country to work together to make this a better place.

Extra prayers for a niece who is having a major issue with her MIL.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2019 10:59 AM ET

Prayers for my hubby to get one of the 2 jobs he's been interviewed twice for.

Boxtops for Education

Coupons for:  listerine, Special K cereals, Basic 4 cereal, bar soap, yogurt ( not Greek), Perrier water, Dasani sparkling water, flavored bottled waters, any brand kleenex (I know, I know 'facial issue'), almond milk (Silk or Almond Breeze), fabric softener.

Bama-Booklover avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2019 2:58 PM ET

Pencils, pens, colored pencils, colored markers, crayons, unused journals/notebooks

Leftover yarn for small crocheted projects

Unopened McDonald Happy meal toys

Coupons for cartons of Marlboro

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING SENT TO ME IN THE PAST.  I'M REMOVING MY WISHES, I DONT FEEL RIGHT ASKING FOR ITEMS TO BE MAILED WITH THE COST OF POSTAGE.  THANKS AGAIN.

Last Edited on: 2/6/19 3:24 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2019 8:43 PM ET

I wish a Happy Valentine to all.  A special Happy Valentine to all of us without one!  We are special too!

Unwanted, broken and other jewelry pieces.

Elephants.......on scarves, wooden, metal jewelry...anything with truck up

Love and prayers for our President and the whole USA.

Last Edited on: 2/2/19 8:45 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
BookLady avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/3/2019 6:45 AM ET

Sequins and glitter. Any amount or colors.

thanks.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/3/2019 9:44 AM ET

Prayers that our move goes easily for us both. We're only moving 3 miles but I'm having to do everything pretty much myself as Bob can't help much and I'm just praying my back holds out. We know the apt. complex, but won't know the actual mailing address for a few more days since we haven't been assigned an apt. yet.

A special request that hopefully will be granted after Feb. 15th ( once I know our new mailing address): I'm in serious need of a bra that fits. The ones I have are either too big or too small. I badly need a size 44-D. I don't care what color it is. I just need one that fits.

Thanks to anyone that can grant this special wish.

sophiab avatar
Date Posted: 2/3/2019 2:18 PM ET

Prayers for my Aunt Mary and her family over the loss of her husband,  Uncle Bob.

Prayers for Michelle here and all PBS Members!

Valentine pencils

Drawing paper for my family. 

Please pm me for my address . Thank you for considering anything listed here.

Last Edited on: 2/14/19 4:47 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/4/2019 4:12 PM ET

My wishes are:

1. Coupons any you have extra of and especially internet coupons. They help me and my family out immensely.

2. Anything Coca-Cola -would love recipes if you have any that use coca cola in it.

3. Any kind of basset hound or beagle items.

4. Cds-especially Cher,Bonnie raitt,or Aretha Franklin.:)

5. A pillbox or case for my purse.

6. Cherry decor items especially pictures.

Thank you for reading. Post your odd or unique wishes might be able to help you out.:)

adopteesministry avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/4/2019 4:47 PM ET

WISHLIST FOR FEBRUARY:

heart Dollhouse minatures items for shadow box scenes- tiny realistic looking items, food, books, dishware, household items, tiny furniture, etc.

heart Vintage Small Cookbook paper recipe pamphlets/booklets by Food Brands like Bakers Chocolate, Gold Medal, Smuckers, Calumet, Crisco, Electric Company or other Cookie booklets - Especially like the ones that show images/paintings of vintage women baking in the kitchen. 

heart Swedish/Scandinavian paper items, napkins, stickers, gift tags,  Recipe booklets  ( Gnomes, Dala Horse, God Jul, Velkomenn, Swedish Midsummer )

heartChristian Card Bible Verses Suitable for Framing 5 by 7 or smaller

Last Edited on: 2/18/19 8:04 PM ET - Total times edited: 9
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/5/2019 8:36 PM ET

Feb wishes:any kind of cat toys,lost our walmart and our 99 store has lots for dogs but not much for cats.postcards,new or used,

jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/6/2019 1:45 AM ET

Happy Valentines month to everyone!  My February wishes are for any lean cuisine, healthy choice or smart ones coupons that you may have and dont need.  I would also love a book mark.  I like scriptures, Christmas, girly type themes...but anything really would be appreciated.  I also need a really tiny notebook to keep track of some health info.  Thank you for reading! 

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/6/2019 9:11 AM ET

February Wishes :

Some type of cutsie baby like piggybank (plastic or any other) that I can use for my little grandson.

Any baby designed scrapbook paper ,stickers or anything I can use to put together my own little baby keepsake book.(Wish has been granted)

Catlover penpal would be great !

Hi an hugs to everyone, happy to be up here in the social circle again! Happy early Valentine's to you all!!

Last Edited on: 2/28/19 10:27 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/6/2019 10:04 PM ET

I have another wish this month:  prayers for me as I was life flighted to a big hospital because my heart kept stopping on Monday. I am now the owner of a pace maker.  Thank goodness, it was not a heart attack.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/8/2019 11:53 AM ET

Happy Valentine's Day to all :)

I wish for two packages of Avery labels. I go through them, particularly the bigger ones in the second link, for labelling church choir music. CVS sells both sizes for $1.77. Often CVS will send a coupon off one item each week. It can still add up. 

https://www.avery.com/products/labels/6721 (smaller labels package of 525) I don't use these as much. 

https://www.avery.com/products/labels/6724  (Bigger labels package of 180) I can sometimes go through a package of these in one week! 

Thank you! God Bless You :) As a P.S. I feel badly aboput stating this but I do need the labels to come from a non smoking home. Thanks! 

Last Edited on: 2/8/19 11:56 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
bookgirl2 avatar
Date Posted: 2/8/2019 1:37 PM ET

I would love to have the following coupons:

Pepsi
Seattle's Best Coffee
Half & Half
International Delight creamer
cake mix (any brand)
Sara Lee Bread
Tostitos
Flonase

Thanks Much!!

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 2/11/2019 10:09 AM ET

Need prayers for my 5 yo great niece, Allianna, who is in the PICU in a Missouri hospital due to trouble breathing. She has 3 viruses including flu and RSV.

LarkspurJane avatar
Date Posted: 2/16/2019 3:35 AM ET

If anyone out there is willing to send my daughter a cheerful card it would mean a lot to me.  She's on the autism spectrum and suffers from anxiety and she's had a really hard time lately.  She was just snubbed at a birthday party and forgotten on Valentine's Day and she just feels like no one cares.  It's breaking my heart.  She's never had it easy but the older she gets, the harder it gets.

seacat66 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/25/2019 9:35 PM ET

my mom is looking for a pen-pal. she's in her 70's, retired, loves animals, reality tv, and writing.

her name is shirley, and we live together.

anyone?

got one, thanks.

Last Edited on: 2/28/19 7:56 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: This thread is now closed
Date Posted: 3/1/2019 11:00 PM ET

This thread is now closed.  Please switch to the March Wishes thread to let us know what favor we can do for you, what item you can't do without but can't find in your area, or some other heart's desire.  You never know what treasures someone else may be looking to re-home, or have easy access to!