Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Historical Fiction

Topic: February 2021 Historical Fiction Reads

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/17/2021 9:03 PM ET

I finished The Ragged Edge of Night by Olivia Hawker.   Set in Germany during WWII.  It was okay a bit too religious for me. Nice story of a family trying to service during way. 

yankeechick avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/19/2021 9:26 AM ET

I started Comanche Moon by Larry McMurtry.   I decided to read The Lonesome Dove series in chronological order rather than publication order.  I read Dead Man's Walk last year, which technically is the first story, followed by Comanche Moon.  

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/19/2021 11:59 AM ET

Reading The Jewel of St. Petersburg by Kate Furnivall.  Half done.  The story takes place just prior to and during the overthrow of Tsar Nicholas.  Includes a romance between the daughter of a Russian minister and a Danish engineer.  Enjoying so far.

ssgilby avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/21/2021 4:15 PM ET

I finished The Anatomist's Wife the other night, and started the second book in the Lady Darby series, Mortal Arts, last night.  No, I am not a historical mystery convert, yet, but I figured since the second book was on my shelf, I might as well read it.  LOL!  They'll kill two categories in the HF Mystery challenge. 

I have about an hour left in my audible book, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.  I'm going to try to pound that out tomorrow.  I've been listening to this book for far too long.  LOL!  

ssgilby avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/22/2021 2:07 PM ET

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab is done.  I enjoyed it.  Dual timeline - modern day and several other dates from 300 years prior.  Interesting concept.  

Last Edited on: 2/22/21 2:09 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Page: