Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: ***JULY'S I WISH, I WISH (THINGS YOU WANT)***

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: ***JULY'S I WISH, I WISH (THINGS YOU WANT)***
Date Posted: 6/30/2020 8:49 PM ET

Date Posted: 5/31/2020 7:21 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, postage, PBS credits or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/30/2020 10:26 PM ET

Prayers for our country and world to enter into July kinder and with recognition that we are all in this together. Bullying and nastiness is never the answer. I also pray each of you are safe and well, and in good spirit. 

ETA: I was able to order the Wal-Mart item I needed. Huge thanks to all who helped me with this. 

God Bless you, my friends. 

Last Edited on: 7/9/20 5:57 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sophiab avatar
Date Posted: 7/1/2020 1:17 AM ET

I have to agree with Mona! I pray for peace in our Father's world. 

For my wish list:

Thank you to all who responded!!!

Last Edited on: 7/19/20 3:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Darlin-D avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: Still looking...
Date Posted: 7/1/2020 1:57 AM ET

A Wilson antenna ball. These were available for purchase when the movie Castaway came out. Mine was stolen several months ago & I miss it very much. It’s just a small thing but it brings me a great deal of joy.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/1/2020 12:06 PM ET

This month I really need:

Sleeveless women's tops in size XXL or XXXL. Mine are badly worn out and I can't afford to buy any right now. It's very hot here in Florida right now and I can't stand shirts with sleeves in them. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/1/2020 3:51 PM ET

Prayers for this world to heal. Hugs, Love, Blessings to all. 

1. White feathers, Hearts, Bells, Red robins bird, Angels, Butterflys, Kisses, Red tiny benches.

2. Angel in my pocket coins.

3. Laminating sheets.

4. Magazine subscription for me or the girls. 

5. Olaf.

6. Scorpions.

7. (2)  2021-2022 Pocket calendar. 

Thank you, Blessings. 

Last Edited on: 7/6/20 1:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/1/2020 6:09 PM ET

Wish granted

Last Edited on: 7/2/20 4:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/1/2020 9:14 PM ET

July is my birthday month and here are my wishes:

1. Anything patriotic

2. Anything Coca-Cola :)

3. Anything Wonder woman

4. Anything with my name on it(very hard to find)

5. Anything Hawaiian

6. Body wash or deodorant samples

Thanks for reading. Post your unique or odd wishes..might be able to help you out.:)

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 7/2/2020 1:52 AM ET

Prayers for my brother whom decided today that he will no longer take chemo.  It was causing every side effect listed on his body after two treatments.  They have moved to a maintenance  program for monitoring his cancer.

Prayers for our country.  Prayers for our leaders.  

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/2/2020 12:48 PM ET

I'd be interested in Native American style crocheted bookmark or pot holders. Not picky on the colors. Thanks in advance!

AZmom875 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 7/2/2020 1:51 PM ET

1. I would like images of People for art projects..  Preferably ones that fit into 2.5 x3.5 or smaller.   That is a playing card size or a baseball size.

Sources that could work, magazines, leftover scrapbook items, ephemera, stamped images, older book pages.

2. address labels with my ATCsforall user name CastleQueen5,  and my mailing info.    Images, cats, coffee, sunflowers. 

3. Images of Red breasted Robins.  Other birds welcomed too except eagles and owls.

4.  Long shot but a roll of  decorated masking tape.  

5. fruit teas to make ice tea decaf or regular. 

6. Friends over on Swapacd.com 

Last Edited on: 7/2/20 1:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 7/3/2020 6:51 AM ET

Hey guys!

My Raven turns 16 on this July 14th. I am hoping I can make it special for her. If you could send a card, Id be so happy! She loves anime, video games, dragonball Z, any cards you find like that would throw her over the moon! Im gonna hang them all up!

Thanks in advance!

sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/3/2020 10:03 AM ET

I'm looking for tulip stickers of any kind.  I use them on letters to my uncle because we are Dutch & it makes him smile :-)

whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/7/2020 12:00 PM ET

Hi and prayers and blessings to all.  Keep safe!

Bottle caps

Printed paper napkins (1 or 2  each is good)

Pop tops from cans

the usual broken or unwanted jewelry

Washers, any size but at least 2 of a size

Prayers for our country and President.  God bless America!!

Last Edited on: 7/14/20 10:00 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sophiab avatar
Date Posted: 7/15/2020 11:48 PM ET

Another wish:

Metal necklace pendants (like ones seen on Wish)

Skeleton keys 

catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/17/2020 8:24 AM ET
  • I´m starting to get into stamping, so I´d be grateful for any used rubber stamps (wood, acryllic, or whatever) that you no longer use.
  •  
  • Also, I´d love to have one of those magnetic poetry sets—even if it is not complete. I´ve always wanted to play around with one of those. 
  •  
  • And if anyone out there is making cloth face masks, I´d absolutely LOVE one made with novelty fabric in any of these themes: cacti/succulents (no llamas, though, as I already have a llama mask), sunflowers, turtles, flamingos, avocados, fish (tropical or game fish), retro 1950s-60s print, crossword puzzles, anything Catholic, flag (USA, Mexico, Peru, Costa Rica, Florida, or Indiana), Day of the Dead,  Christmas, autumn, or crochet/embroidery. I live in South Florida, where wearing a mask is mandatory in public. I have acquired several different ones, but since it looks like we will probably be living with the pandemic for a long time yet, I´d love round out my face wardrobe even more!

Last Edited on: 7/24/20 9:21 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/17/2020 10:11 AM ET

Last week I sent a lot you lovely ladies a PM. It was my first attempt at PMing more than one friend at a time. I just found out that those messages which appeared to me as having been read were in fact not delivered to at least one person! I will be notifying TPTB. Meantime I would appreciate so much help with a surprise kindness project for a few of our own RAOK members! This is timely so if interested please PM me and thank you! I sincerely apologize if you have already PM-ed me and I just never received it. i would feel horrible to leave anyone out and not acknowledged! I know several of you who I did originally contact do check in here daily so extra want to be sure you know I know PM's are currently problematic and that I am just not, not replying to you! Thank you :)

Last Edited on: 7/17/20 11:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/22/2020 12:49 PM ET

One more item badly needed. If anyone has any extra disposable face masks, I could sure use them. Bob prefers them with his oxygen line so they aren't as heavy on his ears. You can't find them here in town and can't order any before next month ( mid month ), so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/28/2020 7:50 AM ET

I would love to receive 3 or 4 sheets of graph paper, if anyone has some to spare.  Remember graph paper??  Haha. 
These would be for a craft project, and if the squares were larger sized that would be ideal. 
Thank you! 

cynd avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/29/2020 11:04 PM ET

Hello all!  I really need your prayers right now.  I was doing some heavy lifting and moving boxes and furniture around and have damaged something inside my right eye (my "good vision" eye)..  I'm pretty sure it's a retinal tear.  I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with an ophthalmologist for a diagnosis and treatment plan.  Hopefully I won't need surgery.  This is especially concerning as my special needs sister lives with me and I am her full time caregiver.  We are suppose to be moving the end of August (hence the heavy lifting).  Thank you for your prayers!

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 7/31/2020 12:08 PM ET

Need some blank check regaisters for my MIL so she doesnt have to buy  them. If you can help us out PM me so I can give you her address. 
I am in IL with her for next two weeks, then will see what the plan is for rest of August. I will add this to AUG  wishes once its posted. 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: This thread is now closed!
Date Posted: 7/31/2020 10:52 PM ET

This thread is now closed.  Please use the August Wishes thread to let us know what you are looking for.
Thank you!