Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** JUNE WISHES (things you're hoping for) ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** JUNE WISHES (things you're hoping for) ****
Date Posted: 6/1/2021 7:39 AM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

Last Edited on: 6/1/21 7:44 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 6/1/2021 7:43 AM ET

Happy June!

If anyone has any unlined pretty stationary with envelopes or pretty stickers to decorate envelopes, I'd appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayers are needed badly. Just found out today that Bob had failed to update his pension benefit page so I CAN'T get his pension at all. That was a huge shock and one that will greatly change what I can or can not pay monthly. Once I get the life insurance I'll be alright for a few months but after that I just don't know what I'll do. This month I'm going to run into problems if I don't get the SS check when Bob would normally get it as bills are due right around the same time of the month. Luckily I had held on to enough of the stimulus check that I could pay the rent and electric bill the first. But GM said the check that went in the 29th for the 1st, they'd get back electronically or else I'd have to repay if they couldn't get it back. So I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. That was such a shock because all of our married life Bob had told me I'd get his pension. He never realized he had to go in and change the paperwork from when he retired. He would never have left it undone had he known. My nerves are raw right now. I can't go back to work. My health won't allow it. So I don't know what I'm going to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I talked to a guy named Leo about Bob's pension and the problem I was having (big wig at GM) and at first he flatly said I couldn't get the pension because Bob didn't update a paper he signed when he retired.  Leo just called back and he said he was going to go to bat for me because when we got married Bob had me on his health coverage so it should have automatically changed the other. But they changed bookkeepers so things got turned around. So he said he was going to try and get it for me. There is a penilty payment but that would be taken out of the pension check . Normally it would be monthly to cover the lapse from when he retired til remarried, but he's going to push to only charge that for 1 months penilty. He said it might take a little while but he'd be working on it and see what he could get done and would get back in touch with me. So that's something to pray for, that he'll be able to get it for me.

Last Edited on: 6/3/21 5:17 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/1/2021 8:49 PM ET

Wishing each of you a bright and happy June.

Prayers to continue for Vicki and all in need! 

Are any of you heading to the Dollar Tree? If so, I would appreciate a package of assorted bright color rubber bands and crossword puzzle books for my Dad. He is not into Fill-ins or any other type, just enjoys crosswords, especially the Kappa brand from the Tree. 

ETA: Anyone going to Michaels? I had ordered (and passed onto friends on here) Ice Cream Shop sticker pad. Go to Amazon and enter in this# you'll see what I mean exactly: B007WDSSH0 These are the stickers I was expecting. What I received (this was my error for not looking into it at the time the stickers arrived. What mattered to me was the rest of the order that was perfect and for my Dad) were the ice cream treats with Shopkins-style (which I do not care for at all) faces. These are the $1 Darice sticker pads. I'd really appreciate anyone going To Michaels anyway, please don't make a special trip, to see whether your store has what had I had in mind. I would really appreciate it. I'm not able to go out still due to the pandemic or would look on my own. 

I respectfully as always request that any items sent are from a non smoking home. Please PM me so I would know someone has gotten a crossword book. Thank you very much, friends and God Bless You. 

Last Edited on: 6/15/21 8:31 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 6/2/2021 8:53 AM ET

A week ago today (May 26) I had major abdominal surgery. I´m home now and starting to heal. I´ll be off work (yay) for a few weeks, and would greatly enjoy:

-any back magazine issues you are done with: inspirational like Guideposts; history/culture/science-related (not too technical) like Smithsonian, NatGeo, Floss, etc.; cooking/recipe mags, or anything else you might have that´s interesting. Preferably no politics (stressful!) or celebrity mags (I usually don´t know who most of those folks are! lol). I read English and Spanish.  Note: We already have subscriptions to Reader´s Digest, Taste of Home, Cook´s Country, and Eating Well.

-any puzzle books/magazines, new or only partially used, for word puzzles (word search, crosswords, etc.), variety  puzzles, visual puzzles—just please no sudoku, as all those numbers just stress me out.

For your convenience, my full address is in my profile; simply click on my name.

Last Edited on: 6/2/21 8:56 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/2/2021 10:17 AM ET

Prayers for this world to heal, Prayers for my PBS family, Prayers for my family. 

Idaho state postcard -- The last postcard that i needed for Ma'Kathy state postcards map, I would love to finish it and post on her memory wall at my best friend/sisters new appt - Love and miss Ma'Kathy May 10,1940 - April 22, 2020

Carnation Breakfast Essentials nutritional drink mix packets/ Coupons.

Measuring spoons - Silver metal  1/116 tsp/0.33ml - 1/8 tsp - 1/3 tsp - 3/4 tsp - 1/2 tbsp

Measuring cups - Silver metal 1/8 cup

Grinch and Jack Skellington, Sally.  Nightmare before Christmas. Anything  I LOVE THEM :) 

Any one makes photo button ?

Black ink pens 

Laminating sheets.

Thank you, Blessings. 

Last Edited on: 6/25/21 6:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/3/2021 7:53 PM ET

My wish is for travel size or samples of body lotion, masks, shampoo, conditioner, etc.  They would be very appreciated.  Thank you! :) Wish granted.  Thank you!  :)

Last Edited on: 6/18/21 8:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 6/4/2021 10:25 AM ET

Asking for continued prayers as I'm still waiting to find out if GM big-wig is going to be able to get me the pension I was told I couldn't get due to a signing mistake Bob made after we got married. Was told that should have automatically gotten changed by office due to me being put on everything else but bookkeeping missed that due to changing bookkeepers at the time. I badly need the pension to be approved to be able to manage fully month to month without having to give up my car.

Last Edited on: 6/11/21 5:45 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/4/2021 8:52 PM ET

Bottle caps

Unloved or broken jewelry or parts and pieces

Wine corks

Gem stones, tumbled or rough

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 6/6/2021 10:18 AM ET

Thank you!!

I could use a small sheet of no-sew iron-on mending fabric used to repair holes in clothing. Not denim.  This mending fabric would help me repair a favorite pair of pajama bottoms that I just don't want to toss out.  

If you have a small sheet to spare, I would love to have it.  Thank you!

Last Edited on: 6/7/21 6:10 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 6/6/2021 6:31 PM ET

Thanks to 2 PBS ladies I've gotten enough key chains to cover all 5 teen/college kids needs. so appreciated~~

a strange wish but asking any way; I would appreciate a couple of keyrings. the kind that use to be given away with a plastic or metal tag/ad thing attached to the keyring. 

Last Edited on: 6/22/21 2:14 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/7/2021 8:49 PM ET

My wishes are:

Ice tea or other drink kcups

Chilly willy or Droopy cartoons on DVD

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/9/2021 12:56 PM ET

I haven't been here much lately but am asking for prayers for my baby brother, Chuck.  He just called to tell me that his cancer is back, moved from colon to around the liver.  He had severe reactions to chemo after the colon that they aren't sure what to do now.  

UPDATE:  After a PET scan last week, it was determined that Chuck has significant cancer around his liver and colon.  He will start some treatment next week.  

Last Edited on: 6/27/21 9:52 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Sheeplady avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 6/12/2021 3:53 PM ET

I'll ask for prayers for my best friend's husband,  John. They just found out he has a rare cancer in his ribs. Hopefully it will respond to chemo. Her first husband died in '75 of a brain tumor/cancer.....so an extra thought for her too, please.  Thanks.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/16/2021 9:52 AM ET

Last Edited on: 6/17/21 12:53 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 6/17/2021 6:15 PM ET

Please keep my MIL, Donna, in prayer as the anniversary of Dick’s death approaches on the 28th. There is a mass at her church tomorrow she will attend to honor him, but I bet the rest of the month will be difficult for her. She has several medical issues going on right now in addition to her chronic ones so is feeling overwhelmed and not strong enough to go on. Thanks, J

kevinsbebe avatar
Date Posted: 6/21/2021 4:28 PM ET

I had to quit work for a while due to health issues so I am looking for any coupons that anyone could send me. I used to coupon but haven't in a long time and want to get started again. Thanks so much.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/22/2021 1:13 PM ET

Michelle K.

Can you give more details on what kinds of coupons would be useful?