- "A GOOD WOMAN" by Danielle Steel (abridged audio CD) (A++++) Nineteen-year-old Annabelle Worthington was born into a life of privilege, raised amid the glamour of New York society, with glorious homes on Fifth Avenue and in Newport, Rhode Island. But everything changed on a cold April day in 1912, when the sinking of the Titanic shattered her family and her privileged world forever. Finding strength within her grief, Annabelle pours herself into volunteer work, nursing the poor, igniting a passion for medicine that would shape the course of her life. But for Annabelle, first love, and a seemingly idyllic marriage, will soon bring more grief - this time caused by the secrets of the human heart. Betrayed, and pursued by a scandal she does not deserve, Annabelle flees New York for war-ravaged France, hoping to lose herself in a life of service. There, in the heart of the First World War, in a groundbreaking field hospital run by women, Annabelle finds her true calling, working as an ambulance medic on the front lines, studying medicine, saving lives. And when the war ends, Annabelle begins a new life in Paris - now a doctor, a mother, her past almost forgotten - until a fateful meeting opens her heart to the world she had left behind. Finding strength in the most unlikely of friendships, pulling together the broken fragments of her life, Annabelle will return to New York one more time - this time as a changed woman, a woman of substance, infused with life's experience, building a future filled with hope - out of the rich soil of the past.
- "STORMCHASER" (Cutter Cay #4) by Cherry Adair (A+++++) In the darkest storm...Nick, Logan, and Zane Cutter are a tightknit, unstoppable force in the family treasure-hunting business. Now that half-brother Jonah has arrived at the scene, he’s got a lot to prove - and a powerful enemy who wants to stop him dead in his tracks. Love will find a way - A perilous sea journey. A bitter nemesis. A woman whose spectacular beauty and talents are to die for. Over and over, Jonah will be tested. Is he worthy of carrying the Cutter name? With his eyes on the prize, Jonah will fight with all his heart. But desire often comes with a price.
- "NO ONE BUT YOU" (Seven Brides #8) by Leigh Greenwood (A+++++) When war widow Sarah Winborne's ranch is at risk, she exchanges her hand in marriage for Benton Wheeler's help - and gets a more intimate arrangement than she bargained for. Alone in the world and struggling to make ends meet, Texas war widow Sarah Winborne will do anything to keep her two small children safe and her hard-won ranch from going under. She hasn't fought for so long to lose everything...and if that means marrying a stranger to protect her family's future, then so be it. She never expected anything but a business arrangement, but something about Benton Wheeler's broad shoulders and kind eyes awakens emotions she'd long since buried. He makes her feel beautiful. He makes her feel desired. He makes her feel like a woman again. And even though their marriage was never intended to be more than a matter of convenience, as Benton stands between her small family and the wild and dangerous West, Sarah may just realize that the cowboy she married is the love she never dreamed she would find.
- "THE CHRISTMAS HE LOVED HER" (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake #2) by Juliana Stone (A+++++) All he wants this Christmas is her. In the small town of Crystal Lake, Christmas is a time for sledding, hot chocolate, and cozying up to the fire with those you love. For Jake Edwards, it’s also time to come home and face his past. He thought there would never be anything harder than losing his brother. Turns out there is: falling in love with his brother’s widow, Raine.
- "WILD RAIN" (Leopard People #1) by Christine Feehan (A+++++) What has she done? - With a new identity, a staged death, and a chance to flee the treachery that stalks her, Rachael has escaped from a faceless assassin. Now, thousands of miles from home, under the lush canopy of the rain forest, she's found sanctuary. Where can she hide? In this world teaming with unusual creatures walks the most exotic of them all. His name is Rio. A native of the forest imbued with a fierce prowess, he is something to be desired. Possessed of secrets of his own, he is something to be feared. Whom can she trust? But as Rachael's past looms as oppressively as the heat of the forest, and as Rio unleashes the secret animal instincts that course through his blood, Rachael fears that her isolated haven has become an inescapable hell.
- "IGNITE" (Wildwood #1) by Karen Erickson (A+++++) Weston Gallagher is falling hard for the wrong woman. One night of passion has haunted him for years. Now he s got a second chance to get the girl of his dreams but there s just one problem: She hates him. Eight years after he stormed out of Wildwood, California, West has returned to his hometown as a firefighter. His friends and family are thrilled he s back with the exception of Harper Hill. His sister s best friend is all grown up and in all the right ways. He knows she s going to do everything she can to protect her heart and keep him at arm s length, but West has other ideas. He will win the girl that got away. No matter what it takes.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Gastien: From Dream to Destiny" (Gastien #2) by Caddie Rowland (reading on a Kindle app on my computer)
- "Seven Stones to Stand or Fall" by Diana Gabaldon
- "A Cold Creek Secret" (Cold Creek #) by RaeAnne Thayne "Not Just a Cowboy" (Texas Rescue #1) by Caro Carson
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Dark in Death" (In Death #46) by J.D. Robb (listening on an Audible application on my cell phone)
- "Mississippi Blood" (Penn Cage #6) (Natchez Burning #3) by Greg Iles (unabridged audio CD)
Last Edited on: 7/3/19 7:15 PM ET - Total times edited: 19