Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Teachers' Corner Teachers' Corner

Topic: Looking for a place to print out pictures

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalBox-O-Books medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Looking for a place to print out pictures
Date Posted: 9/20/2007 3:01 PM ET

I am looking at trying this thing in hopes that I can get my kids to help around the house and become more responsible for themselves and other things.  I have a large wall that I was thinking of printing out items that we could write on them the tasks that they have mastered toward becoming responsible people.  Does anyone know of any good free sites to go print things such as leaves, pumpkins, pieces of a house etc.  I was thinking of starting out with a yard with a house and then adding pumpkins etc for halloween and then adding "wild turkeys" for Thanksgiving and then adding pine trees for christmas.

Theresa

I-no-books avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/24/2007 10:47 PM ET

There are a lot of websites that have free printable coloring pages.  I like the crafts and such at these three the best.

www.familycrafts.about.com

www.familyfun.com

www.dltk-kids.com

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/27/2007 10:46 AM ET

I love this web site for families and teachers.  It has great ideas to involve the whole family in keeping everyone organized in a fun

way.  www.flylady.net   Enjoy!

Kaye

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 11/6/2007 2:44 AM ET

I use www.dltk-kids.com also, lots of stuff!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 11/14/2007 12:09 AM ET

Theresa,

I've had good luck with just typing in _________ Coloring sheets, such as Fall, Sports, etc.  You get fullsized pictures that way.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 11/21/2007 12:57 PM ET

A great place for public domain clipart is http://www.wpclipart.com  They have a catagory household that may work well for you.

here is what is on their front page -

WPClipart is a collection of high-quality public domain images specifically tailored for use in word processors, and optimized for printing on home/small office inkjet printers. There are thousands of color graphic clips as well as hundreds of illustrations and photographs. As of Tuesday, 11/20/2007 there are 19,350 images.