Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: ****MAY WISHES*****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: ****MAY WISHES*****
Date Posted: 4/30/2020 7:44 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards or stamps or for monetary donations for any charities or a go-fund-me page.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. 
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/30/2020 8:46 PM ET

Continued prayers for my brother who will start chemo on May 20th.

Prayers for all those on the front lines during this terrible pandemic.

Prayers for all the Governors and the President, who must be exhausted, to make the decisions needed for the best of the majority without being criticized in every breathe.

2 different pieces of fabric (1) Duke Blue Devils   and   (2)Magic School Bus (Mrs. Frizzle).  Each only needs to be about 5 inches.

DVD:  Dark Waters  (the one about the Ohio River polluted by a corporation)  for my parents.

Last Edited on: 5/3/20 1:05 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/30/2020 10:05 PM ET

My May wishes: 

Sending Love, Light, Healing energy, Angel hugs, Prayers to all family and friends, Blessings.

heartbroken heart Ma'Kathy aka Katherine Labadie May 10, 1940 - April 22,2020  We only needed Idaho & Oklahoma State postcards, I would love to still try and received them. I will be putting all her cards together when we are able to go pick up all her things at the nursing home.  I already had 3 packages each is 20 led peg white lights, battery operated 3x AA, indoor, cable lengh 7.71FT It's tiny clothe pins smiley 

Laminating sheets

Pennies with dates of 1938 and 1928

Black stove spoon rest.

White Out Correction fluid/tapeBlack fabric strips - Need 6 pcs to tie around curtain panels.

Magazine subscription for me or the girls. 

Olaf

Scorpions

Last Edited on: 5/22/20 10:56 AM ET - Total times edited: 6
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/1/2020 2:57 PM ET

Happy May ! Hope this month is a lot less stressful than April was, for us all.

My wishes this month are:

Pretty stationary with matching envelopes

Blank notecards w/ envelopes

Thanks to anyone that can grant my wishes this month.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/1/2020 3:10 PM ET

Happy May to all and continued prayers that you are safe and well! 

Prayers to all on the front lines from medical workers to grocery store clerks! Also to everyone for safety and peace of mind, health of spirit. 

I would appreciate so much right now prayers that the owner of the building I live in will approve of getting us new air conditioners. We do not have any a/c right now and it has taken a health toll. 90's next week :( 

This is my birthday month so any card or post card would be much appreciated. 

Hugs and God Bless you all. Thank you! 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/1/2020 4:30 PM ET

May wishes:any kind of notecards with envelopes,address labels,any extra large envelopes.

Darlin-D avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/1/2020 6:23 PM ET

There was a $10 Osteo Biflex coupon in this weeks coupon circular that I’d appreciate having if you’re not gonna use it. It’s only good for 2 weeks so it would need to be mailed asap. Thanks 

conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/3/2020 5:57 PM ET

Here's my wishes...pretty much all longshots:

1. Coupons -especially any you have extra of or internet coupons..Would love some for tea or soda if possible.

2.  Any kind of wooden coaster-will be used for a craft project.

3. Fabric hanger for pictures or plates..basically the precursor to the command strip(I don't think they make them anymore).

4. Any kind of ballpoint embroidery paint-like trichem or Mrs.Martha's.

5. Dvds with or without a case-no horror please.

6. Cds of any female singer that you no longer want.

Thank you for reading. Post your unique or odd wishes..May be able to help you out.:) 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 5/5/2020 9:41 PM ET

Looking for book recommendations for an 8 year old boy.  Loves funny books for his age and books about relationships.  Can anyone make some suggestions about books he might like?  Send me a pm.

Last Edited on: 5/5/20 9:42 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/5/2020 10:48 PM ET

Love and Blessings to all.  Be safe!

I need........
          G.I. Joe hats
          Any unwanted, unloved jewelry

Prayers!  My GS and I will reopen my thrift store on 13 May.  We have half a month to make rent and utilities for June.
Prayers that my landlady lets me pay only 2/3 rent for this month.  That's all I have.

BookLady avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Smile Face Stamp
Date Posted: 5/6/2020 1:03 PM ET

Looking for a smile face stamp. Rubber or inked, doesn't matter. 
Thank you.

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/9/2020 1:53 PM ET

I'd be interested in Native American style crocheted bookmark or pot holders. Not picky on the colors. Thanks in advance!

whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/10/2020 4:43 PM ET

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY to all mothers of babies or pet babies!

nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 5/14/2020 3:59 PM ET

was offered seeds for our request. Thanks for all your help. we'll be much better prepared in the fall and next spring planting seasons.  

Last Edited on: 5/15/20 12:49 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Date Posted: 5/14/2020 6:25 PM ET

Last Edited on: 5/31/20 2:31 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/16/2020 12:05 PM ET

I'm looking for some spools of thread.  Black I need the most of, but anything would be nice.

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Date Posted: 5/25/2020 9:37 AM ET

Last Edited on: 5/31/20 2:30 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: This thread is now closed!
Date Posted: 5/31/2020 7:23 PM ET

This thread is now closed.  Please switch to the June Wishes thread to let us know what you're wishin' and hopin' for.