Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Health & Fitness Forum Health & Fitness Forum

Topic: Manic phase as menopause ends?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: Manic phase as menopause ends?
Date Posted: 8/24/2011 7:10 AM ET

Wow, after years of dealing with menopause symptoms, yesterday I had what I can only describe as a MANIC day ! 15 yo daughter was actually freaked out by my energy level.

I have recently gotten into a much more frequent and longer work out schedule (trying to rehab a bad back AND get fitter for my daughter's wedding in NOV),  so I would expect some endorphin effects but now I feel almost a 'craving' if I can't do my pool workouts daily due to rain or thunder storms!  Then I thought,maybe my years (and years and years) of menopause suffering are finally coming to an end !

Anyone ever hear of this happening????

rubydoo avatar
Date Posted: 9/10/2011 6:01 PM ET

Unfortunately, no.........I'm still waiting for the day when it's all done and over with for good! My energy levels right now are good because I had a nice mini-vacay at the beach for four days, but I'm sure that will be short lived once I'm back to my normal routine. However, there is a new gym opening up the street from me in December and I can't wait for the classes to start. Hopefully, it will rehabilitate me like it's doing for you. Best wishes for continued energy!

rainbowbrite98 avatar
Date Posted: 9/12/2011 2:10 AM ET

I am no where near menopause (I hope anyway, I am only 26 lol) and I swear exercise is addictive. I think it releases endorphins that pump you up and want more! I'm glad it's happening to me because I am such a lazy person. But now I want to work out. That's a crazy feelng for me!

donnatella avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/12/2011 9:31 PM ET

I'm a runner (training for my first marathon!) and sometimes if I'm not scheduled to run or I just don't have time to run I get super jealous of people I see running and wish I were with them. However, you need rest days to repair your muscles and I have to take them. I try to get in a nice long walk or a yoga session if I'm feeling particularly restless.