Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: ***OCT RAOKS (THINGS TO GIVE AWAY)****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: ***OCT RAOKS (THINGS TO GIVE AWAY)****
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 8:31 AM ET

Welcome to the Random Acts of Kindness thread, also known as the RAOK place. This is where we post things to give away to others, asking NOTHING in return but a thank you. No money or credits are exchanged. We give freely, at our own expense. If you see something you’d like, PM the member with your mailing info. If you are the one mailing, please be sure to put full postage on any packages you send. Members have reported receiving "gifts" with postage due.  Remember this is a PUBLIC forum, meaning anyone (not just members) can see what is posted here.  Please do not post last names, addresses, or postal tracking numbers here, in order to protect the privacy of our participants.

Please note that we must abide by PBS rules - NO buying, selling or advertising allowed.

For liability reasons, we are sorry, but no medications of any kind may be posted in this forum. This includes prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and supplements.

RAOK rules -
You may not ask for anything in return for the things you post here. Please do not ask for postage, or to swap or trade.
If you ask for a RAOK posted by another member, please do not offer to pay or give something in return. This is not allowed and defeats the purpose of the Random Act of Kindness.  Try to pay it forward and perhaps grant some wishes in the ***I Wish*** thread.
We ask that you do not reply within the thread. We are different from most forums in this way. When we go to ***I Wish***, we see wishes; in ***RAOK***, we see just what’s being given away. If you have a question about it, simply PM the member. All RAOKs should be handled privately between members via PM.
Please do not post single use codes - such as Coke codes - in this forum. Post that you have them and let members PM you for them. It saves all the replies within the thread (see above). You may start a separate thread if you want to post them that way. Or check the ***I Wish*** thread and simply grant a Coke code wish or two. Codes that can be used over and over again are perfectly fine to post here in RAOK.
Please do not ask someone for ‘everything on your list’ (yes, it’s been done), so that others can have a chance.
One of our most important rules is that you must acknowledge receipt of the things sent to you! This is our biggest problem. People take the time to post, wrap, and mail, and then never know if the package arrived. Please say thanks for what you receive, either by PM or in the ***Thank You*** thread. It’s the polite thing to do, and we all worry about our mail getting through. Those who don't acknowledge a kindness will often find their future requests ignored.
Please include your nickname when you mail out a RAOK. This makes you easier to find and thank.
Be sure to check your listing and edit as needed, so people are not disappointed. We know that life gets in the way and computers crash, but please try.
Credit transactions should take place in the Book Bazaar or by private PM.  Credits may not be offered as gifts anywhere in RAOK.

RAOK Tips -
Think carefully about what you want to give away before you post. Postage costs these days can be terrible for over-sized or heavy items that cannot go by media mail. We have all been shocked by the postage for something we mailed here; it happens often. Think first! This is a fun place, but you don’t need to empty your wallet by taking part. It’s wonderful to do something nice for others, but be kind to yourself too.

Before you post something to give away, check the ***I Wish*** thread --- someone may already be asking for it!

If you mark "taken" by your items that have been asked for, please put the word TAKEN in another color by that item, so it's easily apparent to our members that something is no longer available. This avoids disappointments and keeps you from getting more requests for an item that has already been claimed.  Or, just edit your post to delete that item.

Random drawings:  If you wish to sponsor a random drawing for an item you are offering, please, before you post your offer, PM the current RAOK manager with the winning number (between 1 and 25).  The manager will post a table with the numbers 1 through 25.  Then post your offer, including the information that people interested in participating in the drawing should choose a number between 1 and 25 and PM that number to the thread manager.  The manager will enter participants' names into the table, so that subsequent participants will know which numbers are still available.  When no more numbers have been requested for 24 hours, the drawing will be closed and the winner announced.

If one of us contacts you about changing your post, please understand that we have to follow PBS rules and guidelines. Often we have to ask someone to change or delete a post because of that. New things come up here all the time. If something is not appropriate, we will tell you so, and ask you to change it. Remember that the PBS team does oversee the forums. They edit posts and have been known to suspend accounts. We hate to have that happen to our fellow RAOKers when we can take care of problems ourselves.

RAOK reminders for people requesting something that is offered here -
The people offering RAOKs are doing it out of kindness and generosity, often despite limited means.  Please make your requests for those items in the same spirit, and do not ask for anything that was not explicitly offered.  The people posting RAOKs are offering just what they have, and we appreciate them for doing so.  A request for substitutions is not in keeping with the intention of this thread.  If you would accept only a particular color, size, flavor, or other quality of an offered item, then please use the monthly ***I Wish*** thread to ask for the specific item there instead.

Reminder about the use of Media Mail
Per the USPS website, here are the things that can be sent by Media Mail:  books, CDs, DVD, manuscripts for books or music, play scripts, computer-readable media for any of the preceding, cellluloid film of 16mm width or less, printed test materials and their accessories, printed educational reference charts, medical information in the form of loose-leaf pages in a binder.   Anything else, even if printed (such as message pads, stickynotes, notebooks without an ISBN, etc) must go by some other class of mail.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and ask. We are always happy to be of help to members of the RAOK forum, new or old. Thanks for participating in this great part of PBS!  Enjoy!

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 8:34 AM ET

Happy October. I hope this month will be a good one for all of us.

I can make address labels for anyone that needs them. Let me know if you want regular size or small ones and if you want special clip art or be surprised. Also be sure to give me your full address in case I don't already have it.

txbookhound avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 9:00 AM ET

Is your mailbox malnourished because all it gets is junk mail? I can help. PM me with your name and address (unless you're sure that I have it)  and I'll put you on the "Healthy Mail" list for October.  You might get a card, a note, or something else, but your mailbox will be happier - and healthier.

Last Edited on: 10/6/22 8:24 AM ET - Total times edited: 6
sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 11:06 AM ET

Happy October!

I have a few samples to share:

- Floral Recovery Calming Face Mask by Fresh (evens skin tone & texture) - TAKEN

- The Water Cream by Tatcha (refreshing & anti-aging, pore perfecting) - TAKEN

- Indigo overnight repair by Tatcha (serum in cream) - TAKEN

- "Free dreaming" foundation by Caliray in 3 different tones - TAKEN

- Cream skin toner & moisturizer by Laneige

Last Edited on: 10/14/22 11:07 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 4:22 PM ET

all gone~~ thanks for looking~~

Last Edited on: 10/14/22 11:37 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 7:13 PM ET

Here's what I have to give away:

3. Will make up to 1 person a personalized magnet/bookmark to your interests.

5. One sheet of Hardee's coupons that I got extra in the mail.

Please include your address in your PM. Will send items when I can due to crazy work schedule. Thanks.

Last Edited on: 10/22/22 6:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 8:16 PM ET

Happy October! 

I will send two extra people some Autumn happy mail :)

Last Edited on: 10/2/22 7:43 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/2/2022 10:09 AM ET

I have the following to offer:

1 sample package of tajin seasoning Taken

1 Advil coupon, good until 12-2022

Banana scented money and banana stickers Taken

1 new deck of cards Taken

1 set of book darts Taken

1 PennyPress Wheel of Fortune Word Seek

1 PennyPress Spotlight Celebrity Word Seek  - Aug 2022

2 Dell Large Print Word Search - Summer 2022   

1 more People magazine with Olivia Newton John on cover - Aug 2022

1 PennyPress Easy to Read Family Favorites Large-Print Word Seek Puzzles - August 2022   

1 PennyPress Penny's Finest Favorite Word Seeks - Aug 2022

1 PennyPress Word Seek Puzzles Super Jumbo Special - Aug 2022

1 PennyPress Easy & Fun Variety Puzzles Jumbo Special - Sept 2022

2 red DecoLiner Outlining marker, Fine Point TAKEN

1 green Deco Color Opaque Paint Market, fine line TAKEN

Please request from me only once in a month.  It seems such a waste to pay mailing cost to the same person more than once in a month.  Thank you

Last Edited on: 10/8/22 11:53 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 10/3/2022 12:09 PM ET

sending-- to *Heather F-- -- OLD cancelled stamps plus topical current canx stamps and product tags for her crafting, plus 3 MONSTER stamps!

to *Ruth- --unpostable PB copy of The Queen's Secret-- MAILED 10/29

Last Edited on: 12/1/22 11:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 6
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/4/2022 3:00 PM ET

Kem playing cards Pinocle sets.  Vintage. Arabesque design on back.  One complete set (6 cards of each, 9 through A).  One set with a damaged card.  

Unpostable paperback: Cat Shaming, Pedro Andrade

Used bubble padded mailers, various sizes.

Used colored pencils.  Multiple available.  Black, blue, brown, green, orange, red, yellow, white.

Multiples of these coupons: (updated throughout the month)

• Aveeno baby $2  5/31/23
  • Bandaid $1  9/30/23
  • Bayer aspirin $1  12/31/23
  • Benadryl Children $1  5/31/23
  • Boost $3  6/30/23
  • Carnation Breakfast Essentials $1.50  2/28/23
  • Certain Dri antiperspirant $3 12/31/23
  • Culturelle Kids probiotic $5  6/1/23
  • Desitin $2  5/31/23
  • Florajen probiotic $2  3/31/23
  • IBgard $3  12/31/22
  • Miralax $5  4/30/23

• Mylicon child tummy relief $2  12/30/24 
  • Mylicon infant 12/30/24: gas $2, probiotic $3  
  • RepHresh 7/31/23: Pro-B probiotic $5, Odor eliminating gel $2  
  • Replens $2  7/31/23
  • Thermacare $2  12/31/22
  • Tylenol adult $2  12/31/22
  • Tylenol or Motrin pediatric $1.50  9/30/23
  • Tylenol or Motrin pediatric or adult $1.50  10/31/23
  • Zarbee's Children's Sleep with Melatonin $1  3/31/23
  • Zarbees Sleep Melatonin child or adult $2.50/2  3/31/23
  • Zarbee's Naturals cough $1.50   12/1/22
  • Zyrtec pediatric $2  

Last Edited on: 10/24/22 2:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/5/2022 6:02 AM ET

If you would like a Halloween and/or Christmas card (with no preferences attached to kind, religious, nonreligious, glitter, etc), PM me your name and address and I will be sure to add you to my list of cards going out.  I live in a smoke free, pet free home so all cards can be assured of that.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 10/5/2022 10:48 PM ET

World Wildlife Federation stamps - several pages 3 requests

Short leaflet about hummingbird types  

Injured

Last Edited on: 10/11/22 9:08 PM ET - Total times edited: 9
tommygirl avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 10/8/2022 10:18 AM ET

Last Edited on: 11/1/22 1:59 PM ET - Total times edited: 6
jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/8/2022 7:14 PM ET

Small pamphlet from Better Homes & Gardens with 10 organizing ideas.  Small but helpful.  

Last Edited on: 10/9/22 5:27 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
AZmom875 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/9/2022 1:49 PM ET

Taken   

Last Edited on: 10/11/22 11:33 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
virgosun avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/11/2022 9:26 PM ET

Anyone with kids/grandkids who love sea creatures? I have a Wild Republic plush stuffed octopus that looks like this. New with tags still attached. It hasn't been slobbered or chewed on; just sitting on my desk keeping me company. I think it longs for a more interactive friend, though.

Oh, be sure to include your mailing address.   CLAIMED

Last Edited on: 10/11/22 10:31 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/14/2022 11:06 AM ET

Brand new set of 4 Sephora brown elastic ribbon hair ties like these click here. Although these are new & unused, I took them out of the box & wrapped them in plastic so I can mail in a regular card. They were discontinued by Sephora (which is why the person selling these on ebay is trying to sell them for $29.95 - hilarious! :-) and have been sitting in my beauty cupboard. - TAKEN

Last Edited on: 10/14/22 1:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/14/2022 1:04 PM ET

SEE BELOW!

Last Edited on: 10/19/22 9:51 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
Sheeplady avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/14/2022 5:45 PM ET

These turned up in my basket again, so will offer one more time.  I have 3 nice shower thank you notes.  Front is a pretty bouquet with 'Thank you for the shower gift'.  Inside it says  "You added an extra-nice touch to a wonderful day!"  I think they could be for any type of shower, wedding or baby.   PM if intererested. Thanks for looking, and for supporting our wonderful RAOK forum.

Last Edited on: 10/15/22 3:42 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
tripletmom avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 10/17/2022 1:46 PM ET

Anyone want cancelled postage stamps?

Does anyone collect the little figurines that come in Red Rose tea packages? I have American Heritage: green train, blue colonial hat, red tractor, yellow blocks(not sure what it is lol).  Nautical: lighthouse, seagull, compass, dark blue scuba head gear, brown treasure chest World Monument - brown building I think may be big ben.

Last Edited on: 10/22/22 10:07 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
Lambie avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/17/2022 10:00 PM ET

All claimed!

Last Edited on: 10/18/22 12:12 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Darlin-D avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/18/2022 1:23 AM ET

Popeyes Coupons... sheet of 8 various coupons good til 12/31/22. I have 2 sheets available.

Please include your mailing info when you message me.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/18/2022 8:32 PM ET

Recovered.  Will be on a trip in November so if I can post it will be later.

Save the Bees bookmarks (1 gone)

Book from my bookshelf or unpostable list to anyone who asks

Crochet pattern of a snowman with a red hat and scarf for a holiday card holder. 

Two autumn postcards.

Last Edited on: 10/24/22 8:00 AM ET - Total times edited: 6
txbookhound avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/19/2022 12:41 PM ET

Small wallet, blue vinyl with lemon print, will fit in jeans pocket.  Two card/ID windows, 5 other card slots, small zippered change compartment, cash pocket. . Bought on clearance at Walmart but it doesn't really work for me. Like new. Send PM with mailing info and it's yours.     TAKEN

Last Edited on: 10/19/22 3:13 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/20/2022 7:42 PM ET

Hi everyone, i been off for a while, every summer i go through very bad depression but now i'm starting to feel a little better. Thought of you all and wish you all had a wonderful, blessed summer, :( birthday is Nov 8th and i'm stressing it already.  Awww thank you to those that msg me and send me cards, hugs.

Thank you to all that have sent RAOK to me and the girls :) 

My RAOK for October : You may ask for more than one item.  

Label sheet (12 labels) - in Spanish - Muchas gracias, Te amo con todo mi corazon, Feliz cumpleanos, Feliz aniversario. 

Post Cards - Boston MA, PuertoRico, Catalina Island, 1 New Zealand

DVD - Little Man

Peanut shape cap for kids - Pop cap Brown 

You can ask me for the inside saying, some are way to long to post here. 

(3) Love was born at Christmas (Sisters of St. Francis of assisi)

The greatest gift of all (Mary and baby) salesian missions)

Christmas blessings (salestian missions)

Believe in the miracle (salestian missions)

Let heaven and nature sing (salestian missions)

Joy (salestian missions)

Life has already given us the most perfect gift (And that gift is each other)

Once in a while, someone comes along (long saying front and inside. Hallmark)

Sight ‘n Sound Pop-up card Happy birthday Princess (not sure if sounds work)

Sight ‘n Sound Pop-up card w/ 4 tags Happy birthday, I love you, Best Wishes and a blank one (Not sure if the sound works)

1 Cell phone finger Black/silver oval shape holder/kickstand (sorry I can’t think of the name for it) 

Metal twist tie from bread bags.

Card Fronts - for making tags or anything else. 

Label sheet (3 lables) To and From labels - Flowers

Not all heroes wear capes - (Thanks for all you do. Hallmark, Crayola)

Label 1 sheet - To & From - Xmas teddy bears, bird, dog

KIWI Sneaker NO tie laces - one pair, one size fit all, Black. Squeeze & thread, Trim to fit, secure end caps. New

(will be adding more soon)

Last Edited on: 10/29/22 8:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Page: