Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **OCT WISHES***

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: **OCT WISHES***
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 8:34 AM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted, etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards,  or stamps, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 8:38 AM ET

Happy October 1st. Wishing everyone a wonderful month.

My wishes for this month are:

pretty unlined stationary with or without matching envelopes

McDonalds, Arby coupons

Thanks to all that can grant my wishes.

Last Edited on: 10/3/22 3:25 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 10:25 AM ET

Coupons for Arby's or Wendy's single lunch or dinner items ( not 2 for $$$ ones) 

jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 8:44 PM ET

My wish is for paper napkins of any design or holiday.  

A holiday bookmark.  

Thank you for reading!  :)  

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2022 9:38 PM ET

Happy October to all

Continuing prayers to all impacted by the hurricane. God is forever our Refuge in all. It is always my utmost prayer that all hearts know peace and for a kind and permanent end to Covid. 

Anyone headed to Hobby Lobby or the Dollar Tree? From Hobby Lobby I am looking for this from Hobby Lobby: Harvest Stickers | Hobby Lobby | 5142336 Should the link not work, these are Harvest Stickers (a seasonal sticker pad) with the SKU of  5142336 This is a clearance item that online costs $1.74. 

I do respectfully request any items sent to me come from a non-smoking home. Thank you all so much, for continuing, despite the increasing postage prices, to spread faith, friendship, and joy through happy mail! God Bless You, my friends . 

Last Edited on: 10/16/22 12:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 7
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/2/2022 10:32 AM ET

I would like some of the larger greeting card type envelopes,they are hard to find here for some reason. [ 5.75x8.75] .Postcards[new or used]and any kind of Halloween stickers would be welcome.Thanks.

Last Edited on: 10/3/22 7:57 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/4/2022 7:08 PM ET

moved 

Last Edited on: 10/5/22 6:01 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/6/2022 12:30 PM ET

My wishes are:

1. Coupons-any you have extra of or any from the Internet that you print out and can't use.

2. Anything Wonder Woman

3. Any leftover coffee or tea kcups you are tired of

4. Halloween stickers-any you have extra of and no glitter on them

Longshot:

5. almond lip balm(extremely hard to find)

Last Edited on: 10/8/22 5:04 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
AZmom875 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/8/2022 8:04 AM ET

My OCT wishes

1.  Do you remember these?  

Message Monsters Stamp | USPS.com  I would like them canceled for an art project.   Or one used on an envelope to me.  

2.  My birthday is NOV 5th, and would love a card sent at the end of OCT,  to arrive early Nov

3.  address lables with AZMOM875  next to my name.

4. an envelope of fall images or papercraft stuff.  stickers, die cuts, ribbons, magazine cut outs. 

5. Canceled Postage stamps, usa or other countries.   Got any saved canceled global usa stamps?

6. LONG shot.  Cheetah shoe laces.  I ordered some from Ebay and dang it they were sent to my OLD address in Phoenix, from China.   I never got them.  I have 2 pairs of cheetah shoes that need laces.  

Thanks for looking, have a Great October.

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/14/2022 7:03 PM ET

Wishes:

1. Paint chip color strips(using to make items for senior center)

2. Any colored cloth ribbon that is the size it can go thru a regular sized punched hole

3.any leftover colorful designed or not ,cloth material 

Last Edited on: 10/15/22 7:33 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/16/2022 12:50 PM ET

Extra Sunday Wish to reach out to someone you may not have been in contact with for a while to say you care. 

Last Edited on: 10/16/22 1:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/20/2022 7:53 PM ET

Happy October, Prayers for this world to heal, Prayers for my family and my PBS family.  Thank you for all the wonderful RAOK for the girls and me, very much appreciated it. Thank you for checking out our list. 

October wishes :)

Address/phone book 

Sling backpack - Black or Blue, small or med size.

Reusable k-cup pods

Black markers - any size

KFC - Popeyes - coupons. 

Flavor water - sample or coupons.

Protein drinks - sample or coupons.

Glasses for american doll - that size doll.

Stitch toys - anything

Miniature toy food, drink bottles, soda cans, Hamburger, fries, tea set, coffee cups, Glasses, beer bottle for small size toy table.

The Grinch and Jack Skellington, Sally Nightmare before Christmas. Anything  I LOVE THEM :) 

Any one makes photo button ? or a place that only do a few (I need a few of 3 different picture, all i find is a pkg of just one picture of 10 or more)

Measuring spoons - Silver metal color  1/3 tsp - 3/4 tsp - 1/2 tbsp

Laminating sheets.

Hi everyone, i been off for a while, every summer i go through very bad depression but now i'm starting to feel a little better. Thought of you all and wish you all had a wonderful blessed summer, birthday is Nov 8th and i'm stressing it already :(  Awww thank you to those that msg me and send me cards hugs.

Last Edited on: 10/28/22 1:19 PM ET - Total times edited: 2