Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: PBS won't remember my password!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
bdiddy621 avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: PBS won't remember my password!
Date Posted: 2/16/2021 8:48 PM ET

Is anyone else having this issue? It's ONLY happening with this site and it's making me crazy with how much I go on it! It's been happening for a few weeks now and I've tried everything and can't figure it out. I've been a member on this site forever and haven't done anything new with my account.

And yes I am clicking the "remember my password" button. :) 

Just curious if anyone else is having this issue!

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/16/2021 9:43 PM ET

That feature has been non-functional for quite some time. I don't remember when it was but PBS had installed some security updates and that was something affected. In fact, the website will timeout frequently during a regular session and login will be required.so as far as I know there's nothing to be done. You can always contact PBS to clarify what the issue is, they may have a better explanation or fix.

starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/6/2021 1:16 AM ET

Still happening to me and is driving me crazy too!!  I contacted tptb about a week ago but have not heard back.  It was the 3rd time I contacted them.  They replied the first 2 times with the delete cookies etc info, which I did, and when I log in it will go to the forum page  selected from my watched topic email and continue going to the correct page with each email link I click.   However, once I close my computer, even though I don't log out, when I return I always have to log back in.  Since I check in about a half dozen times a day ( I play the games), it becomes very annoying! 

And yes I am clicking the "remember my password" button. :) yes me too!!