Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Question about electronic postage labels

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Question about electronic postage labels
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 6:49 PM ET

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering, for anyone who printed out the new labels with postage and DC included, does the DC confirmation check mark show up next to the book under books you mailed?

I tried the new labels this morning and I did order DC but it hasn't shown up that I have.

Thanks

bookaddicted avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 7:53 PM ET

Mailed 2 this morning and the check mark shows on both.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 8:36 PM ET

Thanks I wonder what went wrong on my end.

Bravescatz avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 9:07 PM ET

Mine shows

icesk8tr avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalTour Guide Coordinator medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/6/2007 8:15 AM ET

When I was beta testing it, some of them it took a day for the check mark to show up. But since it has gone live the check mark would show up right away. Some of mine the book has not been scanned yet, so I have no trucks on my map!

bookaddict avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/6/2007 10:43 AM ET

Danni, if you mail a bunch of books together in a bulk request using DC, the checkmark will show up on only ONE of the books .  It's one of those "weird but true" things LOL.    But you should have at least one checkmark if you used DC.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/6/2007 3:11 PM ET

The one I mailed this morning with postage and DC is fine, but the one i mailed yesterday still isn't showing up.  I check the USPS web site and it still hasn't been scanned, maybe when they scan it it will show up.  I hope!

LM avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/6/2007 6:12 PM ET

If you drop it in the mail, will USPS scan your DC w/ the postage printed or does one still need to take it into the PO for them to scan?

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 9/6/2007 7:39 PM ET

When I drop my books in the mailbox, they do not get scanned locally. I had one going to Alaska that was scanned in Seattle. All the rest have only been scanned when they arrive at the destination Post Office and then at delivery.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/6/2007 7:58 PM ET

If i drop my books in the blue box outside our PO they get scanned, but if I drop them at the ones on the street they don't always. 

If my normal mailman is on I usually give them to him and he will scan it for me the minute he picks it up.