Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Question about postability

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Subject: Question about postability
Date Posted: 4/11/2022 1:53 PM ET

I received a book which is wish listed, and I didn't read. When I received it I marked it as being fine.  However, on looking further at it and now I want to post it, but not really sure it's postable.

In a couple of pages inside the book at the binding, which is not loose and is intact, there are 'holes' (looks like glue disintegrated or something) along the binding. I really don't know how to describe this, but I'm sure others have seen this. 

Is the book postable?  Thanks.

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/11/2022 5:14 PM ET

If you're not sure it's postable or if you wish you'd seen the problems before marking it as OK when marking it received, then you probably shouldn't post it.

I've been in the same situation, marking a book received with no problems and seeing later that pages are missing or some other flaw. Sometimes you just need to accept losing the credit.

BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/11/2022 5:45 PM ET

If you're not sure it's UNpostable, then you could always post it, but make sure you describe what you see to the requestor before you send it. (Don't let the requestor cancel if they don't want it - you cancel to be assured they retain their place in the WL line.)

Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 4/11/2022 7:11 PM ET

I think I read somewhere that the 'pinpricks' were ok, but can't find it anywhere. I think I'll sit on it a while.  Thanks. Pat

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 4/13/2022 9:01 AM ET

Yeah, Pat I have seen  plenty of pinprick anomalies, especially as volunteer at two library FoL bookstores.