Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: RAOK - WISH LIST PAY IT FORWARD - READ THE NEWEST RULE

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Osha341 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/5/2020 5:58 PM ET

Liz, I did it the other day too...now if they would only send paper books that fast...lol

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/5/2020 10:39 PM ET

I recv'd 3 great ebooks from Liz.

Thanks so much, Liz!

I love my paper books, but I also love ebooks as well. If I'm at home just taking some time to read, I'll mostly read paper. But the great things about ebooks are:

1) Cheap costs so you can buy more. I can generally get 4 ebooks for the cost of 1 trade paperback!
2) If I am out at work, doctor's office, MVA, etc., I can take my tablet or just my phone and read while i'm waiting. I can also pack it for travel. I don't have to carry around a bunch of paper books that could end up being heavy and taking up packing space.
3) I can loan them and not worry about if I'll ever get it back. (Especially if it is a REALLY good one!)

laugh

Osha341 avatar
Date Posted: 8/6/2020 2:09 PM ET

I received from Alice – 

A Stab in the Dark: (A Whodunit Antiques Cozy Mystery Bk 2) by Shelly West (Linda C)

A Bottle Full of Djinn (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community, Bk 1) by Paula Lester (Linda C)

Hormones, Hexes, & Exes: A Midlife Paranormal Women's Fiction Mystery (Menopause, Magick, & Mystery, Bk 1) by JC Blake (Linda C)

THANKS SO MUCH ALICE, LOVE THEM!!!!

quickreader5 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/6/2020 6:39 PM ET

I received my last book from Nicole. Thank you!

nyteacher avatar
Standard Member medalGame Moderator medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/8/2020 11:11 AM ET

I message to Linda, but realized I never posted here that I got my first book from her: Fifty Fifty

sneyers11 avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 8/10/2020 6:25 PM ET

I received my other 3 books from Shronda today!  So excited!  Now I have to decide which one to read first!

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 8/15/2020 7:37 AM ET

Two more books arrived from Linda: 

The Magic Shop

Mrs. Robinson's Disgrace: The Private Diary of a Victorian Lady

Thank you!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/15/2020 3:08 PM ET

Enjoy, Susan!

Osha341 avatar
Date Posted: 8/15/2020 4:28 PM ET

Oh cool Nicole, that makes one to go...

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 8/27/2020 7:14 PM ET

My final book arrived from Linda: Sons and Soldiers by Bruce Henderson

Thank you so much for your very generous picks this month.

Osha341 avatar
Date Posted: 8/27/2020 9:56 PM ET

ENJOY NICOLE !!!!

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2020 6:42 AM ET

It is September

I intend on purchasing a Wish List item for the member directly below this post within 10 days of them posting, if he/she agrees to do the same for the member below their post by acknowledging the following few guidelines (click and paste this blue paragraph within your post):

1) Purchase must meet/exceed PBS standards, thus maintaining the Reciprocal Rule (paraphrasing the Golden Rule): Purchase in the condition you would want to receive (http://www.paperbackswap.com/help/search.php?terms=good+condition).

2) Communication between the Giver and Wisher is a MUST to avoid any misunderstandings.

3) I will do my best to post when my book(s) are received within 48 hours of receipt.

4) Limit One pay it forward per member per calendar month - Bumps (i.e. marking that Wish List books were sent/received) do not count as entries.

5) Do not hesitate to contact Darlene (depper1) via PM concerning the actual thread.

quickreader5 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2020 8:05 AM ET

I intend on purchasing a Wish List item for the member directly below this post within 10 days of them posting, if he/she agrees to do the same for the member below their post by acknowledging the following few guidelines (click and paste this blue paragraph within your post):

1) Purchase must meet/exceed PBS standards, thus maintaining the Reciprocal Rule (paraphrasing the Golden Rule): Purchase in the condition you would want to receive (http://www.paperbackswap.com/help/search.php?terms=good+condition).

2) Communication between the Giver and Wisher is a MUST to avoid any misunderstandings.

3) I will do my best to post when my book(s) are received within 48 hours of receipt.

4) Limit One pay it forward per member per calendar month - Bumps (i.e. marking that Wish List books were sent/received) do not count as entries.

5) Do not hesitate to contact Darlene (depper1) via PM concerning the actual thread.

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 9/1/2020 9:02 AM ET

sneyers11 avatar
Date Posted: 9/1/2020 9:47 AM ET

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2020 11:13 AM ET

Sandy J will receive

It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis : A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel: Good To The Last Death Book One  by Peterman, Robyn   Estimated delivery: Sept. 8 - Sept. 9

Shakespeare for Squirrels: A Novel  by Moore, Christopher  Delivery: Wednesday, Sept. 2

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 9/1/2020 11:39 AM ET

For Susan P.

ORDER # 112-4737860-5229860

Tea Cups and Carnage
Witch out of Water
Lady Charlotte's First Love

ORDER # 112-0749182-7534607

Hiroshima

quickreader5 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2020 2:43 PM ET

For Nicole:

Order# 112-0295778-2984271

2 items will be shipped to Nicole

Delivery: Wednesday, Sept. 2

Last Edited on: 9/1/20 2:43 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2020 4:32 PM ET

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2020 5:53 PM ET

For Alice:

Order# 114-1316854-4345816 
2 items will be shipped to ALICE 
Guaranteed delivery (on your Amazon day): Saturday, Sept. 5

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 9/2/2020 6:01 PM ET

Time's Convert arrived from Sandy. Thank you!

sneyers11 avatar
Date Posted: 9/3/2020 10:37 AM ET

Hiroshima has arrived.  Now to go look for books for Shronda.  

quickreader5 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/3/2020 6:05 PM ET

I received my first book from Alice, thank you!

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 9/3/2020 7:15 PM ET

My second book arrived from Sandy: The Cruel Prince

Page: