Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: RAOK - WISH LIST PAY IT FORWARD - READ THE NEWEST RULE

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
keepmelaffn avatar
Date Posted: 8/9/2021 5:48 PM ET

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies!

Today I received Crypt Suzette and Last Pen Standing from Liz. Thanks so much!

Thank you also for providing me with info for two used book sites. I'm sure that I will be using them.

Happy reading!

AlamoLiz avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: August 2021 RAOK from Shronda received
Date Posted: 8/10/2021 10:23 AM ET

Thanks to Shronda for this month's RAOK: I received two of the books --- Baseball for Kids and Knots for Kids. My grandsons will love pouring over these!

Thank you very much!
Liz

Osha341 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/13/2021 5:45 PM ET

I received books from Susan P, thanks so much Sue !!!!

keepmelaffn avatar
Date Posted: 8/15/2021 10:35 PM ET

Hey Liz!

I received Blowing Smoke by Barbara Block in yesterday's mail. Love this series!

Many thanks!

AlamoLiz avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Thanks again Shronda!
Date Posted: 8/16/2021 6:23 PM ET

The third RAOK book of the month arrived from Shronda --- The Treasure, by Uri Schulevitz. What an apt name for an RAOK book! smiley

nyteacher avatar
Standard Member medalGame Moderator medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Kicking off September
Date Posted: 9/1/2021 7:54 AM ET

I intend on purchasing a Wish List item for the member directly below this post within 10 days of them posting, if he/she agrees to do the same for the member below their post by acknowledging the following few guidelines (click and paste this blue paragraph within your post):

1) Purchase must meet/exceed PBS standards, thus maintaining the Reciprocal Rule (paraphrasing the Golden Rule): Purchase in the condition you would want to receive (http://www.paperbackswap.com/help/search.php?terms=good+condition).

2) Communication between the Giver and Wisher is a MUST to avoid any misunderstandings.

3) I will do my best to post when my book(s) are received within 48 hours of receipt.

4) Limit One pay it forward per member per calendar month - Bumps (i.e. marking that Wish List books were sent/received) do not count as entries.

5) Do not hesitate to contact Darlene (depper1) via PM concerning the actual thread.

quickreader5 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2021 8:25 AM ET

I intend on purchasing a Wish List item for the member directly below this post within 10 days of them posting, if he/she agrees to do the same for the member below their post by acknowledging the following few guidelines (click and paste this blue paragraph within your post):

1) Purchase must meet/exceed PBS standards, thus maintaining the Reciprocal Rule (paraphrasing the Golden Rule): Purchase in the condition you would want to receive (http://www.paperbackswap.com/help/search.php?terms=good+condition).

2) Communication between the Giver and Wisher is a MUST to avoid any misunderstandings.

3) I will do my best to post when my book(s) are received within 48 hours of receipt.

4) Limit One pay it forward per member per calendar month - Bumps (i.e. marking that Wish List books were sent/received) do not count as entries.

5) Do not hesitate to contact Darlene (depper1) via PM concerning the actual thread.

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 9/1/2021 8:50 AM ET

Ordered for Sandy:

Amazon ORDER # 111-8802268-9324243
Better Off Dead in Deadwood (Deadwood, Bk 4)
Author: Ann Charles

Amazon ORDER # 111-0844339-5731450

A Perfect Blood
Author: Kim Harrison

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2021 9:10 AM ET

sneyers11 avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2021 2:04 PM ET

5) Do not hesitate to contact Darlene (depper1) via PM concerning the actual thread

quickreader5 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2021 2:24 PM ET

For Alice:

Amazon.com order number: 111-7176349-9009856 and  Order# 111-2743512-7305043

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2021 6:19 PM ET

Susan P's books are ordered ORDER # 112-4492182-5049823

AlamoLiz avatar
Subject: September 2021 RAOK
Date Posted: 9/1/2021 6:32 PM ET

sneyers11 avatar
Date Posted: 9/4/2021 11:40 AM ET

I received my books from Alice.  I have some showings this afternoon, and then I will get to Liz's WL books.  Sorry for the delay.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 9/4/2021 11:45 AM ET

I received my books from Sandy J thank you

keepmelaffn avatar
Date Posted: 9/6/2021 8:38 PM ET

Nicole G., your surprises are on their way girl!  Expected delivery is Friday the 10th.

keepmelaffn avatar
Date Posted: 9/6/2021 8:41 PM ET

Last Edited on: 9/6/21 8:43 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sneyers11 avatar
Date Posted: 9/7/2021 2:49 PM ET

Liz's books have been ordered and should arrive tomorrow. ORDER # 114-3768418-0682622

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 9/9/2021 4:30 PM ET

My books arrived a day early. Thanks Sandy.

The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas, Bk 3) :: Carolyn Brown

Seduction Game (I-Team) :: Pamela Clare

AlamoLiz avatar
Date Posted: 9/9/2021 6:54 PM ET

Thank you Susan P --- my book have arrived! Let the reading begin!

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 9/9/2021 8:21 PM ET

I received a Hex for Danger from Sandy J

quickreader5 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/16/2021 4:14 PM ET

I received my books from Nicole, thanks so much!

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 10/1/2021 7:15 PM ET

New month

quickreader5 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2021 7:35 PM ET

nyteacher avatar
Date Posted: 10/1/2021 8:24 PM ET

Page: