Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Same book...Two different titles?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
summerlady46 avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Subject: Same book...Two different titles?
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 9:01 AM ET

Does anyone know if Jancee Dunn's But Enough About Me : How the Girl Next Door Got Behind the Velvet Rope Using Shamelss Flattery, Fake Laughter, and a Few Other Tricks and her But Enough About Me:  How a Small-Town Girl Went from the Shag Carpet to the Red Carpet  are the same book?

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 9:04 AM ET

Last Edited on: 2/6/10 1:25 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Jody avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 9:11 AM ET

That's kind of odd.  bn.com does list both of them, the synopsis is exactly the same, with a year in between release dates.  Maybe it just wasn't selling, so the publisher re-titled and re-released it?  I've had that happen to me.  Get a book because I love the author, and come to find out I already own it.

Jody

royaltech avatar
Member of the Month medalBook Cover Image Approver medalBook Data Coordinator medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 9:18 AM ET

Well, you could then ask, if those are the same as this one: But Enough About Me: A Jersey Girl's Unlikely Adventures Among the Absurdly Famous

Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 9:55 AM ET

See if the author has a website.

annakanga avatar
Limited Member medalMember of the Month medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 10:54 AM ET

They are all the same book.  I speak with some authority (ha) because I just received this book and all versions were on my WL for awhile.  I too wondered why different versions had different titles - but I guess sometimes that just happens.  I know in other instances, if a book is released in another country the title is changed or altered (but I don't think that was the case here).

Lisa

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 11:59 AM ET

There are also cases where the exact same book has U.K. vs. U.S. titles.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 12:32 PM ET

I think this situation would be a great use for tags.  Publishers have done this fairly often and then there is the different country, different name issue too.

fibrogal avatar
Date Posted: 10/15/2007 7:14 PM ET

I went to the author's website, and it looks as though all versions of the subtitles (I found seven) to But Enough About Me refer to the same book.  

But Enough About Me. How the Girl Next Door Got Behind the Velvet Rope Using Shameless Flattery, Fake Laughter, and a Few Other Tricks

But Enough About Me: How A Suburban Jersey Girl Got Behind The Velvet Rope Through Shameless Flattery, Disturbingly Meticulous Research, And A Few Other Tricks

But Enough About Me. How a Small-Town Girl Went from the Shag Carpet to the Red Carpet

But Enough About Me. A Jersey Girl's Unlikely Adventures Among the Absurdly Famous

But Enough About Me. A Jersey Girl's Surprising Adventures Through the Celebrity Looking Glass

But Enough About Me. From Eighties Geek to Rock 'n' Roll Chic--Adventures in Celebsville

But Enough About Me.   The story of a small town girl with big city dreams

Last Edited on: 10/15/07 7:15 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
royaltech avatar
Member of the Month medalBook Cover Image Approver medalBook Data Coordinator medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 10/16/2007 3:05 PM ET

I would be so totally PO'd if I had bought one of these versions, then thinking I was getting a different book ordered one of the others only to find it be the same thing. That is just totally wrong and stupid!

summerlady46 avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 10/16/2007 3:32 PM ET

I agree, Sherry.  I'm going to remove both of them from my wishlist because I have already read that book!  I thought she had written two new ones.  Thanks to all who answered this question.  By the way, it's a pretty funny book and worth the read.