Facebook
Skip to main content
PBS logo

Want fewer ads?

Discussion Forums - Crafting

Topic: Scrapbooking

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
beadnread avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/19/2007 9:00 AM ET

I love to scrapbook, too! If you like the minimalist look, check out Simple Scrapbooks magazine, and also the idea books by Cathy Zielske. She was a graphic designer before going to work for SS, and her pages are beautiful with nary an embellishment.  Carol Ann

hugbandit7 avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 10/19/2007 1:03 PM ET

I will be hosting a craft day (read crop for me) next weekend.  I'm still working on my wedding album and if I'm lucky it will be done in time for my 5th anniversary in March!

life has been crazy and lots of projects that seem to take precedence

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/31/2007 10:22 PM ET

I just posted "The Scrapbook Designer's Workbook"  Unlocking the Secrets to Great Page Design.  It's brand new, hardback, really a nice book.  Talks about designing pages, color theory, principles of design.  There's lots of great info here! Check it out!

scrapbooklady avatar
Date Posted: 11/2/2007 12:07 PM ET

I have been scrapbooking for years. I feel "Scrapbook Journaling Made Simple: Tips for Telling the Stories Behind Your Photos" was well worth the price just for one chapter, "Thinking Outside the Box," which contains many ideas that are simple yet incredibly creative.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 11/13/2007 4:50 PM ET

I decided a while ago to make up a book for my sister about my neice.  This is going to be a Christmas present.  I only have 4 double layouts done.  I have so many more pictures I want to do layouts on, but I've been out of ideas for weeks.  I hate that.  Sometimes the ideas flow so quickly, I can't keep up.  Not liking this dry spell at all.  I've looked on websites and in books and magazines.  I'm definetly more of a simpler scrapbooker, I couldn't keep up with all the stuff and creativity that others have.  Hopefully my dry spell will be over soon so I can get out a few more layouts before Xmas.

Schatje65 avatar
Date Posted: 11/19/2007 3:40 PM ET

I have some stickers that I do not need anymore and am trying to find homes for them.  If you need any of the following...please IM me...ty

1. pirates
  2. one ship
  3. 2 treasure chests
  4. 6 pinwheels
  5. buttons
  6. sheet of hot water bottle, stethoscope, chart, bandaids, nurses cap
  7. tools
  8. United States and Alaska
  9. farm animals
  10. cute farm animals
  11. panda bears
  12. walrus
  13. fish
  14. snakes
  15. bumblebees
  16. turtles
  17. seal
  18. dinosaurs
  19. sheet good for a circus trip
  20. elephants
  21. Giraffes
  22. monkeys
  23. bears
  24. camel
  25. rhino
  26. binoculars, zoo map and do not feed the animal sign
  27. yellow rubber ducks
  28. bathroom
  29. baby shampoo, brush, scissors, bubbles, duck
  30. birthday cakes
  31. trains
  32. Joseph, Mary and Baby Jesus
  33. strawberries
  34. 4th of July
  35. US flags
  36. noah's ark (two different ones)
  37. teddy bears (brown)
  38. tons of baby stickers...just let me know what you need...I may have it...
  39. bears on balls
  40. Baby looney tunes
  41. sport stickers
  42. musical instruments (2 different kinds_
  43. sewing machines and accessories
  44. farm
  45. garden
  46. painting
  47. fire engine
  48. painting easel and accories
  49. cars
  50. planes
  51. bikes
  52. merry go round animals
  53. winnie the pooh
  54. world
  55. child's swimming pool and accessories
  56. Floridas
  57. sport trim
  58. wedding trims

Tons more...let me know what you need...I will look to see if I have it...

I also have tons of die cuts.  Let me know what you need and I will see if I have it...:-)

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 11/20/2007 3:10 PM ET

I'm going to look through the list but might be able to use some that I'm having a need for!

Schatje65 avatar
Date Posted: 11/20/2007 3:18 PM ET

That would be great!!

beadnread avatar
Date Posted: 11/20/2007 6:47 PM ET
Shelly, don't know if you've tried this or not, but one thing I like to do when I'm fresh out of ideas is pick out one of my pages of which I'm especially fond. I then turn the page sideways (both to the right and to the left) as well as upside down, and then use those orientations as templates for new pages. Quick and easy, and also pretty much guarantees I'm going to end up with pages I like. Carol Ann
thumfree avatar
Date Posted: 12/1/2007 11:06 AM ET

My first scrapbook was made for my niece. I made it with 26 (8x10) pages, with 1 letter of the alphabet on each page somewhere, and pictures pertaining to that specific letter, along with stickers that corresponded. Example: for the letter A, I used pictures of her Aunts with our names listed as Aunt Tina, etc.  I also used stickers of "ants" marching all around the page and other "a" stickers. It took me awhile with some of the letters, but it worked out. She wasn't in school yet, so I thought it would help her with her alphabet.

I enjoy this website - www.scrapbookmemoriestv.com - I have seen it on tv a few times and enjoy their creativity. If you go to the site, click on projects and it will show you everything that they have done on tv.   Tina

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/20/2007 10:55 PM ET

Ditto for www.twopeasinabucket.com.  Awesome site.  Scrapbooking is definately an addictive hobby.  I also rubber stamp - another addiction.

Luanne

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/20/2007 10:58 PM ET

Ditto on www.twopeasinbucket.com.  Awesome site.  Scrapbooking is an addictive hobby.  I also rubber stamp - another addiction.

Luanne

AZmom875 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 12/21/2007 2:47 AM ET

link is gone to topic.

Last Edited on: 3/26/08 12:49 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
AZmom875 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 12/21/2007 2:48 AM ET

ALso anyone want to  trade?  I have lots of  things I would like to swap.  Let me see if I can post a link to a photo. 

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 12/23/2007 3:08 PM ET

hi all!  I'm in Hawaii right now and taking lots of photos....I forsee a good album from all of these pictures!  I have taken over 130 so far and am sure there will be a few more today.  we managed to trade in miles for first class so I need a picture of us sitting there.

any good ideas for hawaiian pages?  I know there are your usual with palm trees and beaches and such.  oh and we visited pearl harbor so some good ideas to remember that day would be good...I'm thinking a patriotic feel to that page(s)

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/12/2008 1:28 PM ET

Hi all!

Have any of you tried Digital Scrapbooking?   I have been doing Heritage Makers for a few months now and I absolutly love them.   Check it out here http://www.storyjournals.com  and let me know what you think.

Barb

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 1/12/2008 8:59 PM ET

Creative Memories has something similar and I know I've seen others.  I have a friend I crop with that has done several of these (Creative Memories one) and they have looked great. 

scrappingsteph avatar
Date Posted: 2/17/2008 2:50 AM ET

i LOVE to scrapbook. i am working on my 4 book of concert pictures. yes i love music and going to concerts. i have also done two 8x8 books of the summers i worked at Dry Gulch.

if your looking for simple ideas, i like creative memories.

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 2/17/2008 10:09 AM ET

I have finally finished my wedding album, just in time for our 5 year anniversary.  I do need to do the front page (I know what picture I'm using and just need to put the words on there as well).  and one page that I need to affix our engagement announcements.  I had ot draw the line somewhere so I think I captured nearly everything so it is done. yeah!!!!

Dove avatar
Date Posted: 2/21/2008 9:30 PM ET
Congratulations Leslie! Colleen
hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 2/21/2008 11:04 PM ET

thanks!!!  I'm glad to have it done and can move on to another project!

read4fun avatar
Date Posted: 2/23/2008 8:22 PM ET

If anyone is looking for an online scrapbook store, I'd like to recommend Scrapbookexpress.com  I got my order at a resonable price, and shipping was actual cost. Then today I got a handmade thank you card from them with a nice note inside plus a coupon for my next order.

Now if I could just clean my laundry room enough to make some room to scrapbook a little. 

Anyone else have a favorite scrapbooking site?

patmat avatar
Date Posted: 2/29/2008 2:04 PM ET

(blush, blush) I didn't even know there was a crafting section at PSB. I am sure glad to find a bunch of scrapbookers here. I am totally in love with scrapping. I have been scrapping a long time. I guess I am a fairly simple style person. I still love vellum and make borders. My fav thing is my Sizzix, still.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/7/2008 11:49 AM ET

Hello everyone.  It's been a while since I posted here and unfortunatly since my kitchen was being redone since just after Christmas I have not had any time for scrapbooking, but I'm buying stuff like a fiend! :o)  I no longer have my cropping buddy and wasn't sure if anyone else was in the New England area, who I can hook up with to go to crops.  Anyone.. anyone?  :o)

booklover33 avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 3/7/2008 12:48 PM ET

I have been scrapbooking since 1997.  I recently tried digital scrapbooking.  I've made many more pages that way because it's a much faster way to scrap. 

BeBerz, I tried your link but it's not working.  I found the website through Google, but it doesn't list how much those books cost without registering.

If anyone want to scrap digitally, I recommend Scrapbook Max.  VERY intuitive.  My 13 year old even found it simple to use.  I have another digital scrapbooking program and PS Elements 5, but they are hard for me to figure out so I don't really use them.

Page:
Want fewer ads?