Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Waiting on a Member to send a book

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
mysticaljess avatar
Subject: Waiting on a Member to send a book
Date Posted: 8/31/2019 8:07 AM ET

It has been over a week and at first it Saud member accepted, then printed out the address. Then nothing and now waiting on member. What just happened? I though people had 48 hours to accept a book and then say they will ship. This book has been lingering for a week.

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 8/31/2019 10:17 AM ET

The first member did not click the Book Has Been Mailed button by the deadline, so the system automatically canceled that first transaction and will try to get the book for you from a different member. Hopefully this new person will be more reliable!

mysticaljess avatar
Date Posted: 8/31/2019 1:56 PM ET

Okay that makes sense it has been a few days on this one too. This hasn't happened to me, so that's why I was confused.

mistyks avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2019 8:05 PM ET

You still may get the book from the first one, since the wrapper was printed.  They may have forgotten to mark it mailed.  If it comes in, check it against your transaction archive to see which member sent it to you.

sarap avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/3/2019 11:51 AM ET

You still may get the book from the first one, since the wrapper was printed.  They may have forgotten to mark it mailed.  If it comes in, check it against your transaction archive to see which member sent it to you.

Well. If someone sends you a book and has forgotten to mark it mailed, such that the order turned over and another member has also sent you a copy, you are under no obligation to give any credit to the first sender. You can if you want to, but you certainly do not have to.

mistyks avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/3/2019 12:51 PM ET

Thanks, Sara, for the clarification! I just wanted to make sure that the correct book got matched up with the correct sender, in case one is "received with a problem" that the correct member gets that notification, or if a shipment goes lost, etc. 

mysticaljess avatar
Date Posted: 9/7/2019 8:04 AM ET

So here is my dilemma, I still haven't received the book at all. It keeps going through members. I requested a book series for Sookie Stack house. Only book 2 has been mailed, still waiting for member to mail book 1, (it's been two weeks), and book 3 was finally accepted. The person hasn't printed out the mailing info or anything. This has never happened to me, now I am wondering if I am ever going to get the series. In back of my mind I am now wondering where the books are coming from? I wonder if they have been affected by the hurricane?