Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Health & Fitness Forum Health & Fitness Forum

Topic: Weight Watchers Help

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
detectivegiggles avatar
Subject: Weight Watchers Help
Date Posted: 5/3/2012 2:18 AM ET

I'm hoping there is a WW leader here, otherwise, I'm sure a few people who have been in the program a while can help.

1.  I am not going to WW meetings at the moment. Can I go in and purchase food? or do I have to be a regular attendee to buy stuff?

2. Is there a way to adjust points if I don't eat all of a certain item. Example: A serving of Progresso Italian Wedding soup in 3 points. I don't like the meatballs, so obviously the serving has less points. Do you count the whole 3 points? I suppose I should o it that way. I just don't know if there is a better way to do it. 

3. (and this is a long shot)  Does WW have any kind of ...discount... maybe, if you're unemployed? I had just started going and then realized I really couldn't afford it so I quit.  (i'm sure they don't, but since I'm asking questions, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!)  

Thanks a bunch!

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Weight Watchers
Date Posted: 5/13/2012 11:25 PM ET

I am a former WW person.  I will answer what I can for you.  You don't need to be a member to purchase food.  Sometimes, my grocery store carries WW things and lots of foods show WW points (like some frozen dinners, ice creams, etc.).  Sometimes they have sales at the meetings on certain things as well. 

I can't tell you how to adjust your points.  I used to just count all the points for that serving because with WW, you have lots of extra points you can use for the week.  I never really used all of mine. 

Watch for a free sign up.  My meetings cost me about $10 a week.  You can go, learn how to count points, get materials, etc. and then stop going to meetings.  They don't encourage this because the meetings are what hold you accountable, but it can be done.  You just need to be disciplined and follow the points and journal all you eat.  You also get other materials at the meetings and hear about other's successes.