Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Chick Lit Chick Lit

Topic: What is the difference between Chik Lit and Romance?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
sumagoo avatar
Subject: What is the difference between Chik Lit and Romance?
Date Posted: 8/13/2007 6:13 PM ET

I am just starting to read chick lit but do not really no what it is.  What is the difference between chick lit and romance?  Is there different kinds of chick lit?  Just a beginer so could use some help.  My daughter who reads chick lit ( I think) has tried to explain  it but still would like to hear from others about it.  Thanks for your help.

Last Edited on: 8/13/07 6:17 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sumagoo avatar
Date Posted: 8/13/2007 6:24 PM ET

Ok!! Ok!!! I did not look all the way to the bottom of the fourums posted today.   Ha! ha!! That is when i saw the answer to my question.  So sorry for the second post on the same question.  I did read it and it helpped me out alot.  Thanks!!  Again, Sorry for the second post!!!  I just sometimes get something in my head and have to post it so I don't forget about it.  Help!! I am getting old!!

24girl avatar
Date Posted: 8/13/2007 11:06 PM ET

Susan, check out this website for some chick lit titles. Candy Covered Books

Last Edited on: 8/13/07 11:06 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
stacy270 avatar
Date Posted: 8/14/2007 8:36 AM ET

Oh Nooooooooooo another chick lit website!! I'm doomed! So many books so little time!!! Just when I thought my wishlist was under control too!!! I'll need another bookcase soon!!!

But seriously-thanks for posting that site.i've never heard of it before:)

Stacy