Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Chick Lit Chick Lit

Topic: What's with the PUGS!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Heather-and-Raven avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: What's with the PUGS!
Date Posted: 2/14/2011 2:46 PM ET

So, "Pug Hill" by Alison Pace became hands-down one of my favorite books, and I don't even have a dog, much less a pug.I do like dogs, but I LOVE cats. That book though, was so touching. Suddenly, I'm reading "Clara, the Pug Who Changed My Life" and it's the same thing! I'm not wanting to go out and hoard pugs, but the way these women (also a female writer) write about their love for these dogs is so great! Being child-free, my pet IS my child, so I enjoy reading about others who feel that way (actually, in "Clara," they do adopt a baby). But it's so darn cute! And I don't even think pugs ARE that cute! I know Tori Spelling's books dote on her pugs as well.

beatccr avatar
Date Posted: 3/3/2011 10:58 AM ET

as someone is a pug owner, i am THRILLED!!!

WBfromNY avatar
Date Posted: 3/3/2011 2:07 PM ET

I haven't read these books but I do think Pugs are cute!!! LOL

nmcgee avatar
Date Posted: 3/6/2011 12:34 AM ET

There was a chick lit book that I read probably 4 years ago (possible Red Dress Ink) that the main character was living the fabulous life, then lost her job, and her boyfriend. She and her pug moved into a low rent apartment and she lived on bulk bags of rice.  Of course this taught her to appreciate the more important things in life, and she fell in love with someone else.  I clearly remember that she drove a VW Passat because I really wanted a VW at the time.  I can't for the life of me remember the title or the author, though!  Sound familiar to anyone?  I enjoyed the book and would recommend it if I could remember those important details!

nmcgee avatar
Subject: Pugs
Date Posted: 3/23/2011 11:39 PM ET

Another one to add to the main character with a pug list, Pushing 30 by Whitney Gaskell.

And Alison Pace has a new one coming out in June, A Pug's Tale.  Amazon recommended it to me.

Heather-and-Raven avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/24/2011 7:01 AM ET

I know! I put that "A Pug's Tale" on my WL when I saw it. It's so funny - I am 100% a "cat lady," but these pugs books are written so sweetly.