For most members, this will not be necessary! You will only need to do this if you have altered your browser settings from default, and you are having trouble with aspects of the site (most commonly, with printing).
If you are using Firefox (available at http://www.mozilla.com) you should not have any difficulties using the site. If you do:
- Check that your popup blocker is NOT enabled for PBS (you can adjust this in your Firefox preferences)
- If you are running NoScript, make sure that you allow paperbackswap.com and allow yahooapis.com. See NoScript and PaperBackSwap for more information.
If you are using Internet Explorer
- Check the version: IE version 6 is outdated and very, very buggy. You will probably have trouble logging in, navigating parts of the site, and using buttons on the site. You need to upgrade if you are using IE 6. You can upgrade at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
- If you are using IE 7 or IE 8 and you are having trouble printing a wrapper:
- This could be because your browser is set not to run the script that checks (1) for a pending request from the same requestor (2) to be sure the requestor has not canceled the request before you print
- You should set your security settings (under Tools > Internet Options) to Medium-High.
- Microsoft recommends this as a general-purpose setting.
- If you prefer to keep your Internet Security settings set to High for general browsing
- please add http://www.paperbackswap.com and our parters at http://yui.yahooapis.com to your Trusted Sites list (under Tools > Internet Options).
- Make sure that the security level for your Trusted Sites is no higher than Medium-High.
If you are using another browser
- Disable your pop-up blocker for the PBS site (we don't have advertising popups)
If you are unable to see images on the site
- You need to configure your browser/computer to allow access to the pbsstatic.com domain. This is the domain for the images (ie, book covers) displayed on the site.