|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
1. Get a pedometer and get 8-10,000 steps a day.
2. Take a 20 minute walk everyday or brisk walk 3 times a week.
3. Eat your meal on a smaller plate-portion control. If you have a larger plate, put one spoon of each serving back- keeps you in control.
4. Increase daily water intake. For less or inactive people 1/2 body weight in water. For active people 1 ounce of water per pound.
5. Take a multivitamin/mineral each day. This supports a sound diet. Vitamins should have at least 200 mg of chromium.
6. Give yourself 20 minutes a day- meditate/down time. This helps blood pressure.
7. Cut soft drink consumption in half if not cut out completely. Same with orange juice-cut it with water. It has a high sugar content.
8. Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. This improves kidney funtion.
9. Eat more fresh vegetables/fruit rather than canned. Fiberous vegetables are best. Best to eat fruit before 2pm.
10 Limit junk food to once a week.
Last Edited on: 11/2/10 3:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
I am definitely trying some of those this year. I am going to walk everyday. I am trying to limit or eliminate soda. I would also love to get rid of fast food all together. I have really cut back. I think I will allow it once a month (for stuff like pizza night)
These are good suggestions!
These tips are great! I lost 5 lbs. in the last 2 weeks! I love the pedometer. I always thought I walked a lot everyday, but I really had to make an effort to get to 10,000 steps every day.