Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Book Bazaar Book Bazaar

Topic: Wishlisted Multiples ONLY.... save on shipping (please C rules!)

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Pink-Roses avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 2:29 PM ET

I have some books available that are wish listed, please just pm me if you want 2 or more and I will post to your wishlist.

Evidence by Jonathan Kellerman HC with dust jacket  ISBN 9780345495150

The Finishing Touches by Hester Browne HC with dust jacket ISBN 9781416540076

Misery Loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder SC ISBN 9780312348755

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris HC with dust jacket   ISBN 0316143464

The David Sedaris book has no wishers but also no copies available in the system.

Thanks!

Last Edited on: 1/6/10 2:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
AimeeB avatar
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 3:48 PM ET

Colleen, I think asking for credits for unpostables and arcs is against the rules in all threads.

ETA; maybe not.....

Last Edited on: 1/6/10 3:51 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
rainbowbrite98 avatar
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 3:53 PM ET

Colleen, I think asking for credits for unpostables and arcs is against the rules in all threads.

No it's not.

melanied avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 4:32 PM ET

My guess is that offering postable Wish List books in the Bazaar is not normally allowed, the offering of ARCs and unpostables can be done in their own threads. This thread was allowed as an exception to that BB rule to save on shipping by offering postable WL books in multiples and maybe they'd just rather keep the thread clean of anything but that purpose so that there is no confusion for people who are getting the books.  All my assumption and guessing of course... I am just glad it was made clear since the rules of the thread said different than what was happening.

berlioz3 avatar
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 6:05 PM ET

Melanie, I totally agree about being glad to have the rules match what's happening in the thread...it gets too muddled otherwise.

My guess is that offering postable Wish List books in the Bazaar is not normally allowed,

The thing is, it is allowed.  We've been told that is OK so long as the damage is made very clear in our posting (here in the Bazaar, of course) and agreed upon.  A lot of us were shocked at first, but it's definitely allowed.  It's even been said (very recently) that it's OK to post them to the requestor's WL as long as there's agreement (I admit it,I don't agree w/ this part...if they are damaged I think the buddying system should be used)  So then, the question for some of us becomes "how come we can't save on shipping for THOSE, too?". 

I think having a thread where everything is placed is very convenient, although I dont' understand the "officially approved" part. It hasn't been so many weeks ago that it was said (by the Team) that it WAS ok to do this saving on shipping thing as long as it wasn't a routine thing. (which is actually a problem I see with this thread...people are going to want to "save on shipping" for ALL of their wl books, not just series or even same genre).  I think, frankly, it's going to be easier for people to just keep their own posts in the long run..it IS allowed, (asking credit for damaged and/or ARCs) unless the rules change again, and the "no damaged or ARC" rules can be avoided becuase we aren't *required* to use these threads, they are just easy and convenient. 

Not trying to stir anyone's pot..just food for thought and sharing mine. ;-)

melanied avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 7:19 PM ET

My guess is that offering postable Wish List books in the Bazaar is not normally allowed,

The thing is, it is allowed.  We've been told that is OK so long as the damage is made very clear in our posting (here in the Bazaar, of course)

Beth I think you mis-read what I said - the Bazaar Rules clearly states no offering of postable Wish List books.

General Rules in the Book Bazaar:

(6) No trying to jump the Wish List "line" by offering or asking for postable Wish Listed books.  Postable Wish Listed books should be posted and swapped "officially".  This of course does not apply to posts advertising an alternate ISBN  (or non-ISBN version) of a Wish Listed title; it is fine to advertise that you have those posted to your bookshelf.

Yes offering damaged WL and ARCs have always been allowed, but not the offering of postable Wish List books in the BB. Thus the "officially approved" part since, without the approval, the thread would break the Book Bazaar rules.

maeven avatar
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 7:54 PM ET

Taken, thanks!

Last Edited on: 1/7/10 1:20 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
berlioz3 avatar
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 9:01 PM ET

My apologies, Melanie, you are quite right...I read that as UNpostable!  :-pppp

I still do not believe we need an "official" thread for it since they (TPTB) said it was Ok for us to do it.  This one is said to be "Approved" by TPTB, but they already approved it when they told us it was OK to do it..SWIM?   What we need is a change of that rule, to indicate that occassionally offering in group to save postage is allowed.  I think the whole situation just needs a little more tweaking. :-)

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: 13 like new condition Junie B. Jones books
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 9:01 PM ET

1.Junie B. First Grader Cheater Pants
2. Junie B. First Grader One-Man Band
3.Junie B. First Grader Boo...I mean it!
4. Junie B. First Grader

Aloha-ha-ha!
5. Junie B. Jones and the stupid Smelly Bus
6. Junie B. Jones and her big Fat Smelly Mouth
7.Junie B. Jones First Grader At Last!
8. Junie B. First Grader Shipwrecked
9. Junie B. Jones and the Little Monkey Business
10. Junie B. Jones and some Sneaky Peaky Spying.
11. Junie B Grader Toothless Wonder
12. Junie B. First Grade Boss of Lunch

13. Junie B. Jones there's a monster under her bed.

I would like to send all thirteen books to one place for  6 credits. So many have the books on individual list but I can afford to ship here and there so

hopeful someone will take all for 6 credits and could post if there's one they don't want.

pm me if you want. Hope I am posting in the right place. The are new and like new condition.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 9:35 PM ET

I will see what can be done about unpostables and ARC's. Just waiting on a PM. :-)

Beth... I am all for suggestions. I habve never done a thread like this before .

Ok, Does everyone want ARC's and Unpostables here ?  If anyone is offended by it PLEASE pm me. I want this to be the best thread ever but I do want good postable books available, not for it to be taken over by just unpostables. Since some people do not like ARC's or unpostables. Does that make sense ???

Last Edited on: 1/6/10 9:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 11:33 PM ET

I prefer for it to be in a seperate thread.  But that's just MHO.

rainbowbrite98 avatar
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 11:55 PM ET

I see no point in separating it.

BsMommy avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 1/6/2010 11:58 PM ET

I like it all in one thread as long as people are clearly marking books that are ARC or unpostables... that way if someone doesn't want those, then they just pass on those....  it's nice to just visit one thread that has it all combined, IMO

maeven avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 12:04 AM ET

Easier when they are in the same thread as long at they're clearly marked.  And it makes it easier for the person who is offering the books to save on shipping. 

rainbowbrite98 avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 12:06 AM ET

I agree with Teresa and J. If they are clearly marked, you can pass right over them if you are not interested. Saves everyone time and money.

snaps avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 12:13 AM ET

I agree with Teresa and J. If they are clearly marked, you can pass right over them if you are not interested. Saves everyone time and money.

DITTO!

myhotstylist avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 12:34 AM ET

Last Edited on: 8/21/12 10:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Fulltimer avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 12:24 PM ET

I think my only problem with adding ARCs and Unpostables is that people then lump them in with their wishlist book offerings as in three wish list books to be sent together, oh by the way, one is an ARC or unpostable. I would love to see this thread offer just wish list books that could actually be posted and the only reason they are on here is to save money by mailing two or more postable wishlisted books. Just my opinion of course.

melanied avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 1:02 PM ET

My main objection was that the rules stated one thing and another was happening and that could lead to the unpostables/ARCs getting back into the system and the sender saying "well I got it in that thread for a credit and it says the only books that could offered there are ones that can be posted into the system".  I hadn't thought of the situation Elaine points out, I don't think I like that either.

Why should this thread be treated any different? Because the Genre Forums have no written rules about offering Wish List books, the Book Bazaar does and it states that you cannot offer postable wish list books, thus the reason it needed approval and volunteers like Sherry and Amanda to make sure it is being used in the manner the Team approved it be used.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 1:05 PM ET

I have no problem with ARCs or unpostables being listed here. I sometimes post ARCs or unpostables myself. The ARCs or unpostables I have are always WLed by several people, so I figure might as well give someone a shot at having it if they don't mind its an ARC or unpostable. I know some people don't mind since it saves them the wait on these books.

If no one here is interested, I know I can always post over in the BB thread for ARCs or unpostable WL books.

The only confusion I am having with this thread is are postable WL books allowed here? LOL!

Last Edited on: 1/7/10 1:08 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 1:11 PM ET

I've been watching this thread every day since it started...hoping to have a group to post up...kinda hard to do that I'm finding, with game reading too!  Anyway, I would prefer not to have unpostables or ARCs...BUT since this seems to be a broad thread, then I could see why they'd be okay.  So, as long as they are clearly stated, that's okay with me. 

Could I suggest a different title...maybe something like

Wishlisted Multiples ONLY

I also think it would be nice to have the number of wishers at the time of posting.  And if there is no link, there should at least be an isbn #.  Too many people post books with no wishers or so few, why bother unless you want something else...I feel like whenever there is no link it is untrustworthy and I will not even consider ordering.  You have no idea what you'd be getting. 

Also on the unpostables...personally I'm not going to pay a credit for an unpostable with a modest number of wishers.  Seriously...why would I?  I can wait...fiction moves fast!  So, it seems that it would make more sense to have lower numbers of wl unpostables be a freebie with 2 or more ordered. 

Okay...my 2 cents.  Hope ya don't mind!   (If ya do, I don't wanna know :P)

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 1:23 PM ET

Also on the unpostables...personally I'm not going to pay a credit for an unpostable with a modest number of wishers.  Seriously...why would I?  I can wait...fiction moves fast!  So, it seems that it would make more sense to have lower numbers of wl unpostables be a freebie with 2 or more ordered. 

Julie, I definitely understand that. I would never ask for a credit if there was not a lot of wishers. I think it is nice also when WL unpostables or ARCs are offered as freebies when 2 or more are ordered. Helps them save on shipping and clears some good books out. :)

Last Edited on: 1/7/10 1:24 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 1:41 PM ET

Ok. I have worked on the rules to make things clearer. Hopefully it worked.

Please put either a link or the isbn up for books offered. Also list number of wishers

Damaged books and ARC's can be offered but only if they are clearly marked.

You can look on page 1 to see if it is clearer.

I am thinking this thread may be too much trouble in the long run.  :(

rainbowbrite98 avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 1:57 PM ET

I am thinking this thread may be too much trouble in the long run.

No way! I don't agree. :P

wildroses avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 2:00 PM ET

Look -- this is sherry's form -- she is doing all the work.No one makes anyone use this listing. So what she says goes. Her work her rules. If TPTB approve is works for me.

Page: