Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** AUGUST WISHES ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** AUGUST WISHES ****
Date Posted: 7/31/2019 11:32 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2019 9:28 AM ET

My August wish is for the children of our world.

School starts very soon in many places so I would like prayers sent up for a safe school year for all children.  Every child should feel safe and loved at school.

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 8/1/2019 11:55 AM ET

Hello August and PBS peeps!

My wishes this month are for my daughter.

Binders in any color

Mechanical pencils, dont need refills, she said when she does that they break often-I dont know why, so just the pencils.

Zipper pencil pouches with ring holes, so she can put one in each binder.

Locker decor-anything magnetic

Loose leaf paper

Dividers

Any skinny jeans in size 9, 10 or 11

White socks 9-11

Thanks for looking!!

seacat66 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2019 4:29 PM ET

I would like to have healing thoughts sent my way.  I've been dealing with a sciatica issue that got me admitted to the hospital from the uncontrollable pain.  It's day 3 now and they may have found something to help me be able to go home. 

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2019 5:32 PM ET

Happy End of August.

Sept. 5th is Bob's 76th birthday and noone but me does anything to make it a happy day for him. So if he could get some cards and maybe small gifts, it would sure make his day. He loves the black cherry kool-aid, beef jerky in the packs, soft chew candies.

Thanks to anyone that can grant my wishes this month.

Last Edited on: 8/28/19 11:04 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/1/2019 7:21 PM ET

If anyone has any scrapbook/cardstock paper, I'd be happy to take it off your hands (-: 

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2019 9:58 AM ET

I know this is a long shot but if anyone has either of these on dvd or even vhs that would be great! Gilad’s Total Body Sculpt or Bodies in Motion workout videos. I actually do these and they work for me. Thanks much!

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2019 8:15 PM ET

Need prayers or healing thoughts since we just found out my husbands place of business (full-time job) just burned in a fire tonite. Thanks in advance.

candy14 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/4/2019 5:37 PM ET

Wishing for good thoughts.  July was a crazy month for me.  On July 20, storms came through our area and a huge tree limb came down on my deck and the back of my house.  We weren't home, and no one was hurt, but now dealing with claims and contractors is stressful.  It could have been so much worse, and I'm grateful that it wasn't.  On top of that, on July 27 my windshield was almost shattered by a huge rock while I was going 65 mph.  Oh, hi, insurance company - by the way I have another claim in addition to my house crying.  I'm sure they are loving me right about now!  Got that replaced last Thursday, but the glass company damaged my car when they replaced the windshield.  And then there have been a bunch of little things also (work and boyfriend and neighbors and just ugh).  Just feel like the universe is piling on right now.

Anyway, TMI, but thank you for reading.  I am hoping August will be so much better!!

AZmom875 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/8/2019 11:45 AM ET

THANK YOU AMY!!!

Does anyone have the Second season of THE OFFICE for my mother?   It is on the Swap a DVD site, but I will need to add money to order it.  Dang!   So that is my wish.  SEason 2 of The Office sent to her/me in Michigan.

I am in Michigan with her.  I gave her my other sets, I bought them used in 2015 when I had breast cancer and I have NEVER watched them.   

I had not really ever watched the show, and she has seen some but out of order.    So we watched Season 1 disc one last night.  

OMG! my son, who is 21, looks like Dwight.!!! I gave birth to a DWIGHT!!! When I told him, he said he knew already.  He had heard it before.  I said he looked more like OPIE, he agreed he had heard that before too. 

Last Edited on: 8/25/19 11:58 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/8/2019 12:43 PM ET

August Wishes:

Halloween/Christmas ink stamps of any type

Also needing a Artist card an Artist coin ink stamp that you can write your name an date on etc . after you stamp on paper.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/9/2019 11:04 PM ET

Prayers for rest for myself and that in all I do and say I share joy and love of Jesus.

I would appreciate so much a set (just need two :) of light but brightly colored placemats (think cotton candy pink, green, yellow, purple, you get the idea :) I'd prefer them to be machine washable. I apologize for this additional request but I do need them to be from a non smoking home. 

Christmas Tree stickers 

Thank you and God Bless each of you for spreading sunshine to so many :)

Last Edited on: 8/9/19 11:05 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/11/2019 2:54 PM ET

August wishes 8/11/19

1. Prayers

2. Credit card holder

3. Wite.Out EZ correct correction tape or liquid kind

4. Coloring books for girls, any activity for girls

5. Sticky notes

6. A folder organizer hopefully one that opens from the side like a notebook (needing another one for my nephew hosptial information of the past eight yrs) 

7. Finger paint

8. Carabiner key holder all sizes - also needing a real big one for the stroller to hold bags. 

Thank you, Blessings to all.

Last Edited on: 8/20/19 3:29 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/13/2019 7:29 PM ET

My wishes are:

1.Coupons-any you have extra of  or any internet coupons. They help me and my mom a great deal.

2. Disney movie reward codes

3. Any skincare or body care samples especially face wash or shower gel.

Thanks for reading. Post your unique or odd wishes...May be able to help you out.:)

WingsPawsNMagick avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/16/2019 12:12 PM ET

Long shot here....

i would like a toddler size footed pajama... ( dirty is good) 

I want to make SAM from the movie trick r treat..

i will be looking at my local thrift shops but if I don’t find one... does anybody have one ? 

Thanks 

note;

Sam is the personified being of Halloween itself as well as the enforcer of its traditions and rules. He visits a different town every year on Halloween and appears in Trick 'r Treat to enforce the rules of the holiday and punish those who ignore and defy them.

Last Edited on: 8/16/19 12:32 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Darlin-D avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/19/2019 4:25 AM ET

MAJOR LONG SHOT...

A Wilson antenna ball. Wilson was from the movie Castaway. When it came out at Blockbuster you could purchase a Wilson antenna ball with your movie rental.

Mine was recently stolen from my car & I am heartbroken! It’s just a silly little thing but it brings me great joy & I would be so excited to have another.

Lambie avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/19/2019 4:16 PM ET

My daughter collects foreign money, coins and bills.  If anyone has any they’d like to be rid of, it could find a home here.

I would love to gather souvenir pencils for my hubby. Everywhere we go he looks to buy new ones  

catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/22/2019 9:05 AM ET

Guess I'm a little late hoppin' on the wish train this month, but I'll just think of it as "pre-September" instead of August. laugh

I would welcome:

-- anything IGUANA, or ANYTHING CACTUS / SUCCULENT, large or small, especially anything that can be hung on my cubicle wall at work

-- cards for my hubby´s birthday, which is on Sept. 12. He'll be turning 60. I know he'd love a big party, but we are broke and have no family nearby. I think that  a little shower of cards would help take some of the disappointment away. 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: Finally back in town
Date Posted: 8/23/2019 12:10 AM ET

Boxtops for Education

Coupons for:  listerine, Special K cereals, Basic 4 cereal, Yoplait or Dannon yogurt ( not Greek), Perrier water, Dasani sparkling water, flavored bottled waters, any brand kleenex (I know, I know 'facial issue'), almond milk (Silk or Almond Breeze), fabric softener.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/28/2019 11:05 AM ET

Added a special new wish to my post above.

Last Edited on: 8/28/19 11:05 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/29/2019 1:44 PM ET

Coupons I can use:

• cheese: Market Pantry, Kraft, Sargento, Cracker Barrel, Tillamook
  • yogurt (not light or 0% fat): Chobani, Brown Cow, Fage, Siggis
  • whole wheat bread, hamburger or hotdog buns, tortillas
  • taco shells
  • milk, cream, half & half (dairy only): Horizon, Organic Valley
  • whole bean coffee: Peets or Starbucks 
  • peanut butter: Laura Scudders or Adams